Does a 10 year old age gap make a material impact?

Sometimes I get the odd comment about age differences and different nationality but that is normally from bitter western women who seem to be divorced or separated and don't like seeing others happy.

Isn't that the truth?

Im sorry but based on my personal experiences as well as those around me Aussie women in general are overweight, bitter, and for most part, stuck up.

It amazes me how much different European women are compared to the Australians.

If you look and appreciate a woman in a public place (other than a nightclub) in Australia, you will be labelled a "horny, perverted creep"... do the same in Europe and you will generally get a big smile in return and more often a conversation to follow.

I am not blaming Aussie women, we are usually the product of our surroundings.

Even yesterday, on the way home from work, picked up an MX newspaper and there is a woman asking guys not to "pick up" on the train as they come across as creepy perverts... what the phuck is that crap? You should be able to meet women in any public setting. Its no wonder there is a "man drought" in Australia... every time a bloke approaches a woman for a conversation, he gets shot down instantly.

I have personally overcome this problem by being patient and persistent, I have also been in a long term relationship for the last 4 years so dating was not on my cards... but sheesh.

Its no wonder women in Europe get married in their early 20s unlike Aussie women who delay it till their mid 30s or stay single and miserable for the rest of their lives.

Its no wonder women in Europe get married in their early 20s unlike Aussie women who delay it till their mid 30s.

i know - and the euros get their gear off whenever they can. I escaped Oz for my twenties thankfully. Males inthis country need to be in a relationship else life is a bit tough

There's a "man drought"?
It's not working for me :(

In reality its quiet the opposite:

A woman gets up, gets dressed and dolled up to look her best.
Catches a train to work. On the train, a guy with the biggest courage might say something funny/cute to get her attention, instead of making a fluff talk, she greases him off and gets back to listening to her iPOD.

She gets off the train goes to work, another guy in the corridor makes a friendly comment, she smiles and thinks "I dont date at work".

She then catches up with friends afrter work and hits the night spots on a Friday night. About 15 guys attempt clumsily to walk over and start a conversation in hopes of perhaps getting to know our lovely young woman.
She blows them all off and goes home angry and upset that she cant meet any "decent" men...

Rinse and repeat till she is 35 yo +

This is what a "man drought" is. :)

Invest you need to consult to Bernard Salt.... good insights there!

"Men suffer a 'Shelia Shortage' in their 20s whereas women endure a 'Man Drought' from 34 onwards," Salt said.

In other words, young men in their 20s get rejected very badly by young women of the same age.

Then these men mature and turn into 30 somethings and find a yonger wife/GF. While the women who rejected them a decade earlier are now getting fatter and more bitter by the day which is why they simply can't meet any normal bloke... hence why they either stay single or settle for any Jow Blow that glances at them.

Oh the irony.

In reality its quiet the opposite:

A woman gets up, gets dressed and dolled up to look her best.
Catches a train to work. On the train, a guy with the biggest courage might say something funny/cute to get her attention, instead of making a fluff talk, she greases him off and gets back to listening to her iPOD.

She gets off the train goes to work, another guy in the corridor makes a friendly comment, she smiles and thinks "I dont date at work".

She then catches up with friends afrter work and hits the night spots on a Friday night. About 15 guys attempt clumsily to walk over and start a conversation in hopes of perhaps getting to know our lovely young woman.
She blows them all off and goes home angry and upset that she cant meet any "decent" men...

Rinse and repeat till she is 35 yo +

This is what a "man drought" is. :)

So what's a guy to do, then?

So what's a guy to do, then?

How old are you Rob?

You should get out there, approach and innitiate conversations with as many women as possible. Never take rejections personally.

If it doesn't work out, try something else or someone else... keep trying until you meet a woman who is worthy of a relationship (have a specific criteria that you follow).

There is no magic pill. Patience and persistence pays off big time mate.

That or go to Europe and find a nice woman there. Don't do this mail order bride crap... meet women in real life and if you hit it off, bring her here.

Eastern Europe is full of gorgeous, single women wanting to meet western guys.

Never give up matey.

How old are you Rob?

You should get out there, approach and innitiate conversations with as many women as possible. Never take rejections personally.

If it doesn't work out, try something else or someone else... keep trying until you meet a woman who is worthy of a relationship (have a specific criteria that you follow).

There is no magic pill. Patience and persistence pays off big time mate.

That or go to Europe and find a nice woman there. Don't do this mail order bride crap... meet women in real life and if you hit it off, bring her here.

Never give up matey.

In "dog years" I'd be dead. 48.
At least I know where I'm going for my next holiday :)
Thanks!

In "dog years" I'd be dead. 48.
At least I know where I'm going for my next holiday :)
Thanks!

The beauty about being a man is that we have a much slower bilogical clock :D

Nps mate.

money means nothing if you can't share it with someone you love, be it family and/or wife/husband.

Of course, those women are interested in the men for themselves, and not for what they can provide :p:D.

I don't know many bitter, fat divorcees, but I do know a few women who chose to be on their own, enjoy it and prefer that to "settling" for any man.

Of course, there are both women and men who are bitter from past experience, but many (both men AND women) who chose to be single after having had their fingers burnt.

I just think it wrong that you single out the women as the ones who are bitter, fat and bossy :D.

Of course, those women are interested in the men for themselves, and not for what they can provide :p:D.

I don't know many bitter, fat divorcees, but I do know a few women who chose to be on their own, enjoy it and prefer that to "settling" for any man.

Of course, there are both women and men who are bitter from past experience, but many (both men AND women) who chose to be single after having had their fingers burnt.

I just think it wrong that you single out the women as the ones who are bitter, fat and bossy :D.
No, I am not singling women out, Aussie men are not the best partners in the world by far. I am just highliting a mere fact that Aussie women are that much more difficult to date, especially in their younger "more beautiful" years.

These women drop their defensive shields by the time they reach mid 30s, but by then a bloke who is 35 himself, will be too busy dating women who are 25-30 yo... as younger women are much more appealing to the eye, have less baggage and are less bitter at the world. Then these 35 yo + women complain because of the man drought... I wonder why.

Im 29 and I would only consider women 20-25 for relationships... that's just me as I am selective.

No worries Invest. Perhaps having never been a "stunning beauty" myself, I look at things differently.

I NEVER knocked back a request for a dance, because I always cared how the man would feel. One dance never hurt anyone. I do agree that some "beauties" tend to only want to date men who are equally good looking, but they miss out in the end, I reckon.

I did date a few "stunning" men, or worked with them, and some of them were pretty shallow (not ALL, but quite a few).

Funnily, just the other day I saw a man I dated a few times in my early 20s when he was tall, dark and handsome. He was a tosser back then, but I had my rose coloured glasses on for a little while until I woke up to myself. Now he looks like Homer Simpson. I couldn't believe it and he's probably STILL a tosser.

I wonder if the stunning women "let themselves go" like this chap had. Mind you, he may well have thought I looked pretty crook as well :p:D.

No worries Invest. Perhaps having never been a "stunning beauty" myself, I look at things differently.

I NEVER knocked back a request for a dance, because I always cared how the man would feel. One dance never hurt anyone. I do agree that some "beauties" tend to only want to date men who are equally good looking, but they miss out in the end, I reckon.

I did date a few "stunning" men, or worked with them, and some of them were pretty shallow (not ALL, but quite a few).

Funnily, just the other day I saw a man I dated a few times in my early 20s when he was tall, dark and handsome. He was a tosser back then, but I had my rose coloured glasses on for a little while until I woke up to myself. Now he looks like Homer Simpson. I couldn't believe it and he's probably STILL a tosser.

I wonder if the stunning women "let themselves go" like this chap had. Mind you, he may well have thought I looked pretty crook as well :p:D.

You sound like a cool, down to earth and interesting lady... men would only be to happy to have more women like you :D

I guess its to do with an "ugly ducklind" syndrome... or sometimes that in reverse.

I guess its all about being open to anything and everything and working out what best suits you, and not being angry or jaded at the world for no good reason.

You sound like a cool, down to earth and interesting lady... men would only be to happy to have more women like you :D

Why, thank you :).

I guess its all about being open to anything and everything and working out what best suits you, and not being angry or jaded at the world for no good reason.

Couldn't agree more with this. You hit the nail on the head. And that goes for parent/children relationships as well.

My oldest brother at 52 is so bitter and twisted all because of stupid reasons like the fact he wanted to eat wholemeal bread as a child and Mum bought white bread (not sure wholemeal bread was readily available in the 1960s). He also has never recovered because Dad made him wear hair oil to his first day at high school (in 1971). I don't think for a minute that these things really are his problem. His problem is INSIDE his head, and that will never change. Some people just have to find a reason, ANY reason, to avoid taking responsibility for their own failings, shortcomings etc and someone else is always to blame.

(Of course, the dope he smoked as a teenager, and his alcoholic benders has NOTHING to do with his messed up thought processes :rolleyes:)

Sorry, just needed a little rant :).

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with this. You hit the nail on the head. And that goes for parent/children relationships as well.

My oldest brother at 52 is so bitter and twisted all because of stupid reasons like the fact he wanted to eat wholemeal bread as a child and Mum bought white bread (not sure wholemeal bread was readily available in the 1960s). He also has never recovered because Dad made him wear hair oil to his first day at high school (in 1971). I don't think for a minute that these things really are his problem. His problem is INSIDE his head, and that will never change. Some people just have to find a reason, ANY reason, to avoid taking responsibility for their own failings, shortcomings etc and someone else is always to blame.

(Of course, the dope he smoked as a teenager, and his alcoholic benders has NOTHING to do with his messed up thought processes :rolleyes:)

Sorry, just needed a little rant :).

Thank you :)

Exactly right, the change only happens inside the person's mind. If they are content with themselves and their life, then nothing will change.

Even though I vented in this thread, if I wanted to find a new GF, Id get out there and start meeting people in real life situations... for every 100 rejections Id get, at least half will say yes :D I never take it personally, besides, ive been told that Im a catch regardless haha :)

Back