does anyone have experience using a sellers agent?

i know that buyers agents are commonplace, but i wonder what experience people may have had with sellers agents?
my understanding is they act as go betweens with the vendor and the selling agent.
i think the idea is to save the potential trouble and stress of the selling process and ideally help to aid transparency in the negotiation of fees etc.
are they worth it?
in terms of a painless selling process and in terms of getting the best price in a timely manner?
any thoughts comments appreciated.
regards.

I you don't trust your selling agent, i don't think that another agent will help. This is just another self-interested part that would make things more complicated, certainly not more transparent. :eek:

I would consider selling the property myself, it's not that hard. If you don't live in the area, then you need to do lots of due diligence on the agent you choose, ask lots of questions and don't accept evasive answers.

Often, the stress of the selling process comes from the selling agent ('your agent') using pressure tactics upon YOU :eek: to accept a low offer (& get their commission). The best way to avoid that is not to select one of those agents in the first place.

Cheers,

Back