does anyone know of good drama modelling school or agencies in melbourne for teens

does anyone know of good drama or modelling classes or agencies in melbourne for teens to do afterschool and how good they are, i've seen various ones advertised but have no idea about them. I have a 14 year old daughter who really loves drama and could do some modelling also but doesnt know where to start.

Thanks.Francine

Check out The Lyrebird Awards http://www.lyrebirds.org.au/
Many of the Amateur Theatre companies are amalgamated with them and they have both senior and junior sections. I am sure they will be able to help direct you on which way to go.
Amateur theatre is a great way to get into the industry. Mix with the people who know people is always the key.

My son did a lot of TV extras work while he was in secondary school, regular on Neighbors and Blue Heelers. I think his agent was called Lisa's Rising Stars, not sure if they are still around, this was about 6 years ago. I was rather surprised how much work they gave him. About a one job every week or two. It was a great hobby for him. Gave him a lot of schoolyard cred because he knew Delta Goodram.

thanks so much for that. How did he manage it with school word and was it a hassle transporting him to whereever these jobs were? thanks

He seemed to manage OK with his school work, he has since landed his dream job, so its worked out well.
Was it a pain driving him? well a bit, but not really any worse than driving my daughter around for her soccer. Most of his jobs were reasonably local at the Nunawading studios. Blue heelers was a bit more of a drive to Williamstown.

Back