Does Salary Sacrificing into Super Affect Borrowing Capacity?

I'm on the look out for my second investment property and have pre approval. I previously salary sacrificed into super a couple of years back and am looking to start doing it again.

How do banks look upon this when assessing borrowing capacity?

Should I hold off until I've got my next IP under my belt?

Do others here salary sacrifice extra into super while sill building their IP portfolio?

Thanks

Neal

sal sac into Super is usually voluntary

A voluntary arrangement that can be stopped in a week or 3 rarely affects borrowing capacity.

conversely, sal sack for a car or the like can be nasty

ta
rolf

One bank questioned mine so I explained (even though it's written as voluntary on the payslip) that I can stop it at any time and will if necessary.

When you submit your documents just attach a letter saying it's voluntary and therefore can be changed at anytime. Or submit the actual statement from your super which lists it as voluntary.

If it's an issue (which it shouldn't be) stop it for a month until the loan goes through.

Yep, had to get a letter from my wifes employer to show SGB that salary sacrifice was not compulsory...I kid you not, this is what was requested.

conversely, sal sack for a car or the like can be nasty

Yep - it can really kill servicing and some borrowers don't realise that until it becomes an issue.

I see a lot of public servant clients who take out expensive leases which can reduce their nett earnings by heaps.

Agree with Rolf on the super - if it's a voluntary contribution than all good.

Cheers

Jamie

Back