Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
General Chat - maybe split this into one for resi and one for commercial
Where to Buy - same as above
Accounting, Tax, Finance etc
Help and feedback
Coffee Lounge

There's just way too many forums now, i only visit 2 or 3 at most.
Your only looking at this from your point of view! Others on the forum do things differently.

There is a large group that build and reno who use the adding value section. There is a general chat for commercial property already. Stop whinging and accept the forum as it is, in the future you may find it beneficial to go looking in the finance section or investor physcology.

my 2c
Graeme

Sorry i forgot the add value forum.

It's not a "whinge" either, maybe you should try getting around the net a bit more ;) Theres few very active forum that have 20 sub headings.

If we have an adding value forum (something that compliments property investing) then we should also have a shares / managed funds forum as well (something else that also compliments property investing). It's a bit odd that posts about shares or MF's are kept in the coffee lounge :confused:

I think people would get better responses if they posted their adding value / reno questions in this forum:

http://www.renovateforum.com/index.php

Your only looking at this from your point of view! Others on the forum do things differently.

There is a large group that build and reno who use the adding value section. There is a general chat for commercial property already. Stop whinging and accept the forum as it is, in the future you may find it beneficial to go looking in the finance section or investor physcology.

my 2c
Graeme

Theres few very active forum that have 20 sub headings.

Actually that's not the case. Have a look at the list forums on http://www.big-boards.com/ ... their cut-off is 500,000 posts, which we are almost at now!

There are very few boards this large which have fewer discussion areas than we do.

As post volumes increase, it makes far more sense to split the discussion into multiple topics - it makes it easier for users to keep up with the topics they want to and ignore the topics they aren't interested in. It also makes it easier for people to browse for information about a particular topic.

If we have an adding value forum (something that compliments property investing) then we should also have a shares / managed funds forum as well (something else that also compliments property investing). It's a bit odd that posts about shares or MF's are kept in the coffee lounge :confused:

That is a deliberate policy decision by Jan and Ian Somers. They want to keep this forum focussed on property investment.

There are plenty of other forums out there for shares and managed funds investing - http://compareshares.com.au/forum_home.php

Back