... does that make me cocky?

i like to read investing and mindset books.

but lately, i just can't be bothered with them. every one i read spouts the same message. i find the odd gem here and there, but that's about it.

every time i read something now it's almost cliche, old hat.

i know i've done a lot in my time on this little rock, but surely there's more to learn? i'm not finding ANY info on good comm real estate books but not for the lack of trying.

does that make me cocky, well educated or just jaded with it all?

I can't remember the last time I read a book about investing/trading/mindset etc....bit over it myself too.

Yep, they do seem to regurgitate the same core messages...some have a few minor tweaks but after you've read a few the law of diminishing returns definitely takes hold and you have to dig so much deeper to find those gems.

hey Mal - spot on - law of diminishing returns - like formula one racing.

i have a few people who i look up to and only had a brainstorm today about who i feel is a great mentor to me.

hmmmm........

HI,

Yep, been that way for a few years now, that is why I still come to this forum and a few others.

Here we get some original ideas not just the rehashed blurbs, may not always agree with them but it does make me Think !!

I do like the mixture of ideas that bounce around this place, a really great resource IMO

What about bio's and auto bio's ? I really enjoyed "Kidman the forgotten king" recently . Give that a try ...

I know what you mean with all the Kiyosaki, Mcknight,Lomas ,Whittaker, Spann ,types . After a while they are much of a muchness .

You need to do something else to ease off on the posting . 5300 posts since 2007! Whew :)

Things have really changed in the past ten years. There is heaps of good, free information. I don't bother much with property mags or books anymore either. I bought 2 Craig Turnbull books about 7 yrs ago I haven't even bothered to read yet. The last book I read was a Steve Mcknight book I won a few years back. That was good. A lot of authors and magazines seem to be recycling the same info.

Things have really changed in the past ten years. There is heaps of good, free information. I don't bother much with property mags or books anymore either. I bought 2 Craig Turnbull books about 7 yrs ago I haven't even bothered to read yet. The last book I read was a Steve Mcknight book I won a few years back. That was good. A lot of authors and magazines seem to be recycling the same info.

I'm that way with shares. It would be nice if I could pay someone some money, do the trade and bank the profits.

I'm not saying it is impossible, or that the letter writers aren't better informed than I, just that I don't know the good from the bad. So I rely on the only one who really cares about me. :D

What about bio's and auto bio's ? I really enjoyed "Kidman the forgotten king" recently . Give that a try ...

I know what you mean with all the Kiyosaki, Mcknight,Lomas ,Whittaker, Spann ,types . After a while they are much of a muchness .

You need to do something else to ease off on the posting . 5300 posts since 2007! Whew :)

but i like investing!

i hate to agree - but i agree ... haven't read a property book for a couple of years now. i gleaned so much more off ss ... problem is ... (do i admit it) ... i'm finding after forever years here and zillions of posts, that ss is feeling a little the same as well.

I was thinking that too Lizzie! I've started trying new hobbies - mosaics, gardening, painting the house. I guess life becomes stale doing the same old things.

i'm finding ..... that ss is feeling a little the same as well.
I ask myself a question I know many others ask too: Why am I here? It's impossible to settle anything on SS, and If you think you may have arrived at some sort of consensus or even agreeing to disagree on a topic the peace only lasts a week and a new player jumps back in and stirs the same old pot.

I don't pick up much that's useful now.

but here we get to argue with perma bears and perma bulls in an environment where you're not left in the corner on your own, next to the stereo cradling the last midstrength contemplating what time you should leave and go to bed.

I think i prefer the latter. :D

but here we get to argue with perma bears and perma bulls in an environment where you're not left in the corner on your own, next to the stereo cradling the last midstrength contemplating what time you should leave and go to bed.

everyone has an opinion and everyone has a right to voice that opinion.

long time forum members understand the personalities behind posters.

i like this forum because of the varied information on here. the bulls inspire me and the bears make me worried enough to double check my DD.

the bulls inspire me and the bears make me worried enough to double check my DD.

Whenever I post something that includes a "storm warning" that is all I hope will happen.

No way would I want anyone to make a decision based primarily on my opinion, regardless of how well I might express it.

Not a lot of chance of that I know! I'm not that swell headed. :D:D

Back