Does this happen for everyone or just me?

The following errors occurred with your search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : Rockhampton

It happens with both IE and Chrome

Happens to me every now and then for terms that's apparently too common.
Use Google. e.g. type this

Rockhampton site:somersoft.com

Yup, the current settings specify that only words bewteen 4 and 10 characters long will be indexed.

Rockhampton has 11 characters, thus is not indexed.

I've changed the setting up to 12 characters and am currently re-indexing the forum database. That's going to take a while, so searches won't work at all right now :eek:

Since the OP's question is answered I will continue with another :)

I booked marked the URL 'somersoft.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew' so that I can go directly to new messages.
It works fine on desktops and galaxy tab but no luck with Galaxy Note 3. It doesn't go to the list of new messages. Any thoughts?

I booked marked the URL 'somersoft.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew' so that I can go directly to new messages.
It works fine on desktops and galaxy tab but no luck with Galaxy Note 3. It doesn't go to the list of new messages. Any thoughts?

Strange - only thing I can think of is that the browser you are using on the Note 3 doesn't correctly support redirects? That URL is immediately redirected to the search results, which are cached for a period of time - so the destination URL changes.

Do you get an error? What does the Note 3 show when you visit that URL?

Screen shot is attached. I think IE is the browser.

Attachments

• 2014-01-29-17-53-10.png
    2014-01-29-17-53-10.png
    628.4 KB · Views: 58
Talking of issues, I've made no changes to my mobile phone but for the past week, every time I open the forum from my iPhone I have to type in my name and password. I tick the "remember me" box but for some reason this is not allowing me to stay logged on.

Any ideas?

Since the OP's question is answered I will continue with another :)

It's because the URL is not what you stated. Your bookmarked search isn't "getnew" but a time specific search so you won't get any results if it's beyond that time frame.

Talking of issues, I've made no changes to my mobile phone but for the past week, every time I open the forum from my iPhone I have to type in my name and password. I tick the "remember me" box but for some reason this is not allowing me to stay logged on.

Any ideas?

Sounds like your cookies are being cleared when you exit your browser.

nah... getnew gets forwarded to that URL.

Copy & Paste this
somersoft.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

You will be taken to
http://somersoft.com/forums/search.php?searchid=nnnnnnn

Yeah but you need to bookmark getnew. What you've done is bookmark it half a second later so it gets the time stamp. Check your bookmark and you'll see what I mean. Its not getnew. Right click the link and copy the URL and paste it into a notepad to see what I mean. It used to happen to me too.

Yeah but you need to bookmark getnew. What you've done is bookmark it half a second later so it gets the time stamp. Check your bookmark and you'll see what I mean. Its not getnew. Right click the link and copy the URL and paste it into a notepad to see what I mean. It used to happen to me too.

Dex... I manually edited the bookmark so that it would have the 'getnew' URL.

Any ideas?

Might be a corrupt cookie on your iPhone.

Try visiting http://somersoft.com/forums/mycookies.php on your iPhone, select all cookies, and click the "Delete my cookies" button. This will only remove cookies for Somersoft, won't affect other sites.

If you were logged in, you'll be logged out, but hopefully you'll be able to select "remember me" and log in again and stay logged in.

The following errors occurred with your search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : Rockhampton

FYI - you can now directly search on the forums for longer words like Rockhampton.

Last edited:
I was unable to reply, send PM's search at all for New posts over the last couple of weeks. But thanks to Sim's efforts everything works again. Thanks again Sim, much appreciated for fixing my issues but also for all the effort in making this great forum tick along.

so sim

before , if you couldn't search for Rockhampton , you could have searched for Rocky ......

;)

Cliff

BTW , I'm having a quiet day at work .

Back