Does this rusted light housing need to be replaced?

I could moan and groan about this but since the issue has been resolved, I will save my moaning and groaning for the next problem which will (no doubt) crop up.
To cut a long story short, the exec member in question usually does not wish to investigate any issues, unless they present as an immediate and pressing disaster.
The other owners? All investors and AWOL.

I bought a unit with my dad long ago, when I was about 20. It was brand new, one of five in the block. The body corporate voting was distributed, one vote per toilet (not joking either - that is how it was set up). Four units had one toilet, and one unit had two toilets (could have been three) as it was a two level unit, double the size of the other four.

So that owner had two (or three) votes and we each had one vote. I've never dealt with a more annoying man. He wanted the brand new driveway dug up and relaid because there was a shallow area that held water when it had rained, over by the fence, not against the garages even.

Luckily, nobody else voted with him. Had he been able to persuade one other it would have been a tied vote, and from memory he may have had the deciding vote being the owner of the "penthouse". I don't remember too well, but I swore that never again would I get involved in a body corporate where I had little or no control over what was spent, or over how somebody else could impact my life like that.

Back