does your PM give you exit / entry report with new tenants?

I recently had a tenant move out and a new tenant move in. The PM did not oblige or should I say has never supplied me with an exit report for the old tenants or a new entry report for the new tenants.

Should they be giving this to me? What happens in your situation when you get new tenants moving in / out?

thanks

Definitely should. In fact its legislation in some (all?) states.

Otherwise, how do you
a) Determine whether, or how much, bond to return to the outgoing tenant?
b) Determine whether to fix current tenant's maintence requests (ie if problem already existed or they caused it) ?

My agent does not give them to me but I know she has them on file. I've requested exit and entry reports for insurance and they are emailed in minutes with photos.
I'm pretty sure she asked if I wanted them but with 6 IP's I have enough paperwork.

I recently had a tenant move out and a new tenant move in. The PM did not oblige or should I say has never supplied me with an exit report for the old tenants or a new entry report for the new tenants.

Should they be giving this to me? What happens in your situation when you get new tenants moving in / out?

thanks

They should be done and uploaded to your property portal for you to access when required.

thanks

Some do some don't, depending how they run their business...?
I always ask for Comparison report upfront, and then they do inspection reports along the way (depends the period or on your request as they vary between agents and states)... Unfortunately, you need to be proactive so when you sign Agent Management Agreement go through it with a fine toothcomb!
It should be all stated there, I even ask for sample copies to see when I hire a new agent...
I am surprised by how many people just sign off the contract, don't negotiate the conditions, but if it's your first experience then you will learn...:)

entry report, ingoing inspection, condition report are the same thing.

exit report, outgoing inspection and condition report are the same thing.

the ones every 3 months are routine checks or routine inspections - they are not condition reports.

Ingoing and outgoing inspections can sometimes be the same if the tenant has left the property in a perfect condition - this seldom happens however.

Usually the ingoing condition report is very similar to the outgoing condition report except that the ingoing reflects any areas that had been rectified after the outgoing ie cleaning or anything else that was not left in a good enough standard.

without an ingoing inspection report - there is no course of action to take on the tenant if things get damaged.

the agent is negligent if they are not doing them - it it not an option, they are putting themselves in a position where they are unable to represent their client if things go wrong.

Hi Donkey, only .1% of my landlords ever ask a copy of the ingoing inspection report and non ever ask for a copy of the outgoing BUT if they wanted a copy I can email them with in mins.

Reactions: S.T
Ive never gotten one. I know my PM takes photos and does entry/exit reports because I usually get a small maintenance list between tenants and the occasional photo.

Hi Donkey, only .1% of my landlords ever ask a copy of the ingoing inspection report and non ever ask for a copy of the outgoing BUT if they wanted a copy I can email them with in mins.

Exactly the same here. Although I usually provide to first time investors, so they get an idea on what is actually involved.

Back