Dominique Grubisa

A new poster pops up and mentions a great sounding course.

I gotta wonder if that is Dominique herself or a staff member trying to raise her online profile.

Doesn't seemed to have worked too well.

If i found location of a goldmine, i would keep it to myself rather than charge people to show its location.

What would you guys do?

Exactly EKS883. The same could be said for most of these property spruikers who claim to hold the 'secrets' of the wealthy!

Secondly, no-one seems to consider that all the students who sign up for their expensive courses all end up competing with each other to find the deals! If there really is something to be gained from their methods it's soon watered down when everyone starts using the strategy!

Which State does she practice in?

That's a little unusual as well Terry. She appears to live in NSW (according to ASIC company documents) but holds a practicing certificate as a barrister now in QLD. One would have to wonder why she holds a practicing certificate in a different state to that in which she lives?

I have been reading a number of comments with interest concerning myself, my business and my family and would like to clarify a number of matters.

I understand some of the concerns that have been raised, but also note that there are some comments which are not accurate and I am taking this opportunity to set the record straight.

I have a current practicing certificate as a Barrister in Queensland and have experience across a lot of disciplines including banking and finance, equity and commercial, personal injury and family law.

I have been involved in property for 25 years as an investor, developer and more recently a promoter of a process which minimises the risk in property investment and maximises returns. My husband and I hold an eight-figure property portfolio and have personally turned over more than 30 properties in our lifetime.

I practice what I teach.

Having suffered financially to support my family, managing risk and maximising returns is something which is very close to my heart.

I teach others the knowledge I have acquired over many years as I believe people can benefit from my learnings. I don?t charge for my speaking but there is a charge if people decide to pursue what I have to offer further.

The products offered include/come with follow through assistance and back up, and yes, for this a price is charged like any other business. There are many clients who, through the application of the methodologies I impart, have taken their property investing strategies to the next level and/or who can sleep well at night knowing their affairs are in order.

I would love to hear directly from anyone who feels they did not receive value or service from me as I pride myself on customer satisfaction.

If you contact the office on (02) 9986 2228, I would like to address your concerns personally.

Dominique

If the property sells at auction the previous owner would get no money plus go into bankruptcy.

I can see the benefit of this to a potential bankrupt but I could never see myself ambulance chasing to make a dollar. Doesn't sit right with me.

As you said- the owner would be declared bankrupt and lose everything.

Aren't you doing them a service to save them from bankruptcy AND put money in their pocket? According to the testimonials the sellers are grateful.

Isn't waiting for interest rates to go up and buying properties from those who need to sell because they can't keep up with the payments the same thing?

Hi Dominique

I have heard you speak a couple of times, the first was in the city one night on your own, possibly Wesley Conference Centre (very interesting as I told one of the staff when leaving), not part of one of Stuarts weekend seminars. I have just been watching one of your recorded presentations at one of those weekends (on Stuarts 2013 promotional DVD featuring you and Cherie)

In that presentation you provide an example of how Mita bought a house at Newport for $1.175 mill and onsold for $1.425 mill after 8 weeks and polishing the floorboards, not paying any s/duty as he had only taken over the mortgage, with power of attorney and your other docs etc. Vendor going though divorce and just wanted out. The whole time you are talking about "this is the time to take advantage of your system and killer contracts" in the depressed market with many mortgage sales and repossessions etc.

As Newport is not far from me and I had a good idea where the house might be situated based on the photos I quickly found it in Google maps. (I was curious to look up the sales history to see what was recorded). It is 5 Attunga Rd Newport. Looking up sales history in On The House I found the prices matched exactly - and obviously the mortgage repayments on $1 million loan over the 8 weeks plus settlement were not deducted from the gross profit of $250K, or any sales commission.

But, although the quoted prices and time frame matched exactly, the transaction occurred in 2003, not recently and since offering your courses after 24 years in the legal profession - assuming the recorded stats are accurate. But also, if Mita did the transaction by only controlling the property and not buying it, and not paying s/duty, why does it appear as a sale at his buy price of $1.175 mill?? Is there a simple explanation.

Thanks

check the law society register of barristers

Some good advice here.

Take heed Forumites.

I concur. Type into google "How to find out if a barrister is registered in Australia". A whole host of Australian Law Society sites pop up with easy search engines. Type in her name.....guess what??? Check with our learned legal blogger who has access to super fast links. Oldest trick in the book. Neil Jenman would die laughing.

I concur. Type into google "How to find out if a barrister is registered in Australia". A whole host of Australian Law Society sites pop up with easy search engines. Type in her name.....guess what??? Check with our learned legal blogger who has access to super fast links. Oldest trick in the book. Neil Jenman would die laughing.

what does it come up with, as I dont know what a learned legal blogger is.....

First time blogger who comes in suggests something that's bordering on libel ...

Dominique has been around for a while so if she was being deceptive about her basic qualifications I'm sure that would have come to light . I'd wonder who you are and what your qualifications are ..

I first heard about her from Mita , who I met in a non property related situation . We chatted for a while and I mentioned about property investing and then he said he had an interest in it and we spent a while chatting and during the course of that he mentioned dominique .

Went to her into talk and she came across as informed , intelligent and entertaining . We've discussed doing her course , but the reality is that we have been able to invest successfully with out taking her approach and I think the current time is a time when it's easy to make money with out .

Cliff

Hi

Hi,

She has been around for some time and has been marketing the same services for a while.

Reality is that the banks are not as desperate as people think they are when they are selling a property. Banks will usually get a real estate agent to sell the property based on what its actually worth.

Buying a property under market value requires a bit of research and negoations skills.

Hi,

She has been around for some time and has been marketing the same services for a while.

Reality is that the banks are not as desperate as people think they are when they are selling a property. Banks will usually get a real estate agent to sell the property based on what its actually worth.

Buying a property under market value requires a bit of research and negoations skills.

yes totally, the banks arent stupid and dont seem that desperate,

I was negotiating down to $5k between a sale and non sale and they simply wouldnt budge!!, and I was offering auction conditions after the auction had not sold at the highest bid of my price (which wasnt me)

Banks are in charge

yes totally, the banks arent stupid and dont seem that desperate,

I was negotiating down to $5k between a sale and non sale and they simply wouldnt budge!!, and I was offering auction conditions after the auction had not sold at the highest bid of my price (which wasnt me)

I just had the same experience at auction this weekend. Tiny parcel of land & tiny house in shocking condition but cannot be demolished due to character category. Banks put on market......held out against quite reasonable offers....then took it to auction....got another K$50 (I let someone else take that fall.) I couldn't believe it. They used the same clever staging as a supposed wealth creation weekend I wasted my time at. Banks have teams of valuers & my real estate agent friends say they have never heard of anyone getting a bargain from a bank foreclosure....doesn't mean it doesn't happen of course. Anyone done it???? Love to hear.

Hi

Hi Marty great point!!!

I also think that banks in Australia learn and respond well to changes.
Every year banks, industries bodies and government put polices in place to ensure exposure is limited.

Aussie banks are also very profitable and have another capital to minimise risk....

Back