Donald Trump is a Chump

Excellent thread...

my goodness, there are a lot of bitter, money hungry people in this thread who allow the rainbow lead their lives.

Read what the OP has to say... provide counter arguments[he even provided those for you] for why he isn't a chump. That is all he is asking you to do.

I enjoy reading about the donald... there's a lot of wonderful ideas he has initiated but you can't deny the bad. Let's wait for the first group of bond shareholders that can in here and discuss how happy they are he has managed to get back to '265 million'. It's the same with the donald, with the great there's the very bad.

I hope this thread continues... with less personal attacks on the OP and a lot more interesting discussion.

Have a good day guys.

But then again, perhaps I'm not supposed to get it. Same reason I don't get people who hate property markets spending hours on end in property forums.

this jagmacmanus reminds me of a guy at Michael Yardney's seminar on the weekend who i overheard when i was waiting for a "one on one" quick chat with Michael.

it was the begining of the morning tea break and this young guy wanted to know if he could have his money back (i think) because he didn't believe michael could teach him "anything".

when asked how many properties he had, the reply was "one". so, here is a guy worth multimillions willing to share his knowledge for a mere $79 (even one on one during the breaks) and a young guy with one ip saying there was nothing michael could teach him. he then got really annoyed when michael encouraged him to "hang in there" as there was a lot more info to be imparted. The young guy then claimed the seminar was a waste of time before stalking off. can't recall if he stayed or not.

man - talk about wrong mindset. if you believe there is nothing to learn, then you will learn nothing. doesn't mean "all" of the teaching is relevant to you.

soooo... very, very different. Re-read the OP.

Those sort of people will always exist... as a great man named SNAKE once said "welcome to the human race"

not sure if you are putting me in the bitter camp but i understood the original post to relate to the context of the forum i.e. about property not personality assessment and if read with that view in mind i have to agree.

If i was reading out of general interest or to pass the time then yes ill prefer to read trump over say a text on building codes or how to conduct a development feasibility.

Just as I would prefer reading a book about conrad black versus thesis on media today.

(I would have used Bill Gates as you did as part of my response but i tend to disagree, I have a computer science degree which makes me bias but i find the life and rise of gates much more of interest than the meanderings of Trump in comparison)

However if i was to enter into property investing i would NOT read trumps book as a guide i would prefer one on building codes or conducting feasibilities etc.

Maybe my posts always gets a bit screwed in translation as English or at-least my command of it in written form isn't the best... but by no means am I bitter that Trump has money or how he made it or else i would get an aneurysm each time i thought of Bill Gates.. or Buffet.

Wow! Talk about bitter!

Give me Trump's little wealth anyday. No one's denying he's up himself, so what?! If you can look past that, he's got quite a few pearls of wisdom. I found his books an interesting read, and quite frankly don't care if they were written by a guy worth $1M or $1Trillion.

Bill Gates is much wealthier than Trump will ever be, but I know who's book I'd rather read.

Plus, for every guy who inherited money from Daddy and made it bigger, you'll find 20 who made it smaller. Check out the family that started 'Seagram' (sorry, family name escapes me).

Don't quite understand why you'd focus so much effort/time on deriding someone either? I read mountains of stuff on Rupert Murdoch, because I marvel at the guy and enjoy reading about his achievements and ventures. If I hated him or belived him a fraud, I wouldn't have spent more than an initial 10mins reading about him.

But then again, perhaps I'm not supposed to get it. Same reason I don't get people who hate property markets spending hours on end in property forums.

Hehe enjoyed the post

Thanks for the info on Trump. Never read any of his books nor did I know that he would have learned how to negotiate with his Dad's staff to start him off. That would have been a huge advantage. :D Good to see he has had his ups and downs since then. I loved the TV series he did, so memorable I can't think of the name right now, ah, The Apprentice, that was really good.

No, Paris did not copyright the phrase "That's Hot", apparently that was a media rumor.

this jagmacmanus reminds me of a guy at Michael Yardney's seminar on the weekend who i overheard when i was waiting for a "one on one" quick chat with Michael.

it was the begining of the morning tea break and this young guy wanted to know if he could have his money back (i think) because he didn't believe michael could teach him "anything".

when asked how many properties he had, the reply was "one". so, here is a guy worth multimillions willing to share his knowledge for a mere $79 (even one on one during the breaks) and a young guy with one ip saying there was nothing michael could teach him. he then got really annoyed when michael encouraged him to "hang in there" as there was a lot more info to be imparted. The young guy then claimed the seminar was a waste of time before stalking off. can't recall if he stayed or not.

man - talk about wrong mindset. if you believe there is nothing to learn, then you will learn nothing. doesn't mean "all" of the teaching is relevant to you.

Lizzie!

Thats actually quite ironic. The reasons I am not a fan of Trump is because I do read so much and research what is actually going on not just the stuff that he writes about himself, you claim that I not willing to learn or change my mindset?

What about Trumps foreword in a book by Jorge Perez? In the foreword Trump claims the only person who could teach him anything about real estate is Jorge... (Jorge is a major Florida developer who started as a cuban immigrant)

Now apart from the fact that this is a condescending comment, can you imagine Warren Buffet, Rupert Murdoch, Bill Gates or in fact any business leader not wishing to learn more about their field?

The only thing Trump has to teach the world is what not to do.

"The Donald" is alright.

I like him; he's not scared to say what he thinks, tends to shoot from the hip a bit, is a bit aggressive and over the top, but that makes him interesting to listen to.

I like his mindsets, and I have found his books to be interesting and motivating.

He's a do-er and has put together some awesome projects around the world - he's not afraid to have a crack at something.

Ya gotta like him for buying the Miss Universe pageant!

Back