Doncaster/Rowville Line

Saw Andrew's announcement of the CBD North/South/Domain and Arden Street stations.

If the badly overdue Doncaster and Rowville lines would ever be built, would this be a literally jackpot suburbs on that line?

Doncaster line: Doncaster, Bulleen, possibly North Balwyn.
Rowville Line (via Huntingdale): Rowville, Mulgrave, possibly Clayton.
Rowville Line (via Alamein Line to Chadstone to Huntingdale to Rowville): Chadstone, Rowville, Huntingdale, Mulgrave, possibly Ashburton.

Doncaster appears to have most to gain...

Saw Andrew's announcement of the CBD North/South/Domain and Arden Street stations.

If the badly overdue Doncaster and Rowville lines would ever be built, would this be a literally jackpot suburbs on that line?

Doncaster line: Doncaster, Bulleen, possibly North Balwyn.
Rowville Line (via Huntingdale): Rowville, Mulgrave, possibly Clayton.
Rowville Line (via Alamein Line to Chadstone to Huntingdale to Rowville): Chadstone, Rowville, Huntingdale, Mulgrave, possibly Ashburton.

Doncaster appears to have most to gain...

I'm lost.

How does the metro benefit Doncaster?

The real winners in this investment is Kensington, North Melbourne, parts of West Melbourne, Parkville and commercial land in CBD. Combine that with free trams and $100m Vic Market redevelopment and another $300m into hospital precinct (see new cancer institute, hospital refurbishment, Melb Uni and RMIT campus expansions), these suburbs have the most to gain.

I'm lost.

How does the metro benefit Doncaster?

The real winners in this investment is Kensington, North Melbourne, parts of West Melbourne, Parkville and commercial land in CBD. Combine that with free trams and $100m Vic Market redevelopment and another $300m into hospital precinct (see new cancer institute, hospital refurbishment, Melb Uni and RMIT campus expansions), these suburbs have the most to gain.

The word IF the doncaster or Roville rail link was ever built. Had nothing to do with the Metro link.

My thoughts on the doncaster link is as follows

1) Assuming the Doncaster rail goes through the middle of the Eastern freeway it will effect parts of the North Balwyn market. Mainly the Bellvue area. The Bellvue area would be with Greythorn area the lowest entry point for the North Balwyn market. The area close to Balwyn high won't be effected as much as it would be too far from the line. Even though the Riverside Estate would be close to the rail line, I can't see it effecting prices too much there. Yes it would help, but prices in the Riverside Estate are already extremly high because of the single dwelling convenant on the estate. (yes it may sound strange an area that units can't be built on would be extremly desirable because of that restriction, but that is excatly what occurs in the Riverside Estate). I doubt buyers of the estate would really care too much about a rail link.

As for Bulleen and Doncaster, anything close to ht eline it would help and prices in these suburbs would go up more because of the rail link than North Balwyn. However these areas do have great bus services so the gain you would expect might not be as high. Also it would depend on the regualirty of the service.

As for the Rowville line, I don't know enough about those suburbs to comment.

True but they've been talking about Doncaster rail tram monorail etc before I was born, which is more than 30 years. Reality is there is nothing out there and therefore little incentive to spend billions of dollars connecting it.

Back