Dont' Call the Locksmith Just Yet!

G'day all.

PUT THE PHONE DOWN!!! Don't call the locksmith just yet! Has a tenant ever called you to say that they have a dodgy door lock and could you please send a locksmith over to repair it? Watch this video and l will save you at least $100.00 on Locksmiths fees as you'll be able to do it yourself.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVI39Nm06-Q

Cheers, Uncle Knackers:)

Reactions: S.T
Good video.

Hope there's no locksmiths on SS, this could mean less work for them (I got slagged off for recommending DIY mechanical repairs by a mechanic !).

Nice

I'd used lead pencils before on keys, stuck zips etc

Have also heaved on a stuck key with a pair of pliers :D

Nice!

I never knew that, I always would ask tenants if they've tried WD-40 before sending a locksmith, but that's a nice little tip for the future.

Thanks for sharing :)

Good video, thanks.

On your skirting boards video, why did you first cut the skirt on a 45 degree angle? Is that just so when you are using the hand profiling saw there is less material to cut through?

Known this one from back when I had a work locker, they would inevitably get jammed over time and would need a bit more graphite.

Would last a couple of months atleast.

Good video, thanks.

On your skirting boards video, why did you first cut the skirt on a 45 degree angle? Is that just so when you are using the hand profiling saw there is less material to cut through?

The reason for the 45 degree cut is that it exposes, and provides a guide of exactly where you need to cut for the scribe to work. It has nothing to do with removing excess material to make the cutting process easier. To perform a scribed internal corner (which is the correct and best way to achieve an internal corner) you must initially cut a 45 degree angle. I hope that cleared that up for you. Thanks for the question.

Cheers

Back