Double-ended shower; classy or tacky?

I plan on renovating the main BR ensuite in our PPOR and I'm considering putting in a double shower. The idea is not to use a base, but tile the floor and wall area, and have an individually controlled shower head at each end.

What's the consensus on whether this is a good move or whether future purchasers may consider it a bit tacky?

We have a walk-around double shower with the shower heads coming out of the ceiling (rain style), with large square heads for maximum coverage! :D

Looks classy, is functional, and convenient for all users.

Even my daughter has a double size shower (with only 1 ceiling head, but hers is in the star shape as she got to pick her own) in her ensuite. :eek:

If you are going to that extent you probably should double up on the vanity and mirror space though if you have the room.

pinkboy

We have a walk-around double shower with the shower heads coming out of the ceiling (rain style), with large square heads for maximum coverage! :D

Looks classy, is functional, and convenient for all users.

Even my daughter has a double size shower (with only 1 ceiling head, but hers is in the star shape as she got to pick her own) in her ensuite. :eek:

If you are going to that extent you probably should double up on the vanity and mirror space though if you have the room.

pinkboy

Good point. I think I'd lose the loo if I went with the double vanity. When it gets closer to the time, I'll pop up a floorplan for more detailed feedback! :p

was done quite a few times on the block.

I actually dont mind it. would have to be a big bathroom to fit it in. How big is yours carly?

We are contemplating the "wet area" concept - not having the shower base within our bathroom.

will see.

I plan on renovating the main BR ensuite in our PPOR and I'm considering putting in a double shower. The idea is not to use a base, but tile the floor and wall area, and have an individually controlled shower head at each end.

What's the consensus on whether this is a good move or whether future purchasers may consider it a bit tacky?

Our shower is 2.5m x 1.2m with double rainheads and matching hand showers.

In addition to the obvious benefits, if I want to bribe the youngsters I need only offer the prospect of water fights in the "Big Shower" and they're putty in my hands.

Would not live in a house without a double shower.Our best ideas come from room.Must be something in the water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My MIL wanted us to have the double shower when we were building our house. That was before kids but I'm sure she would have change her mind now (after three kids) :)

I think it can work well where you have narrower space. For example 1m x 2m. How about sprays coming from different directions at different heights?

was done quite a few times on the block.

I actually dont mind it. would have to be a big bathroom to fit it in. How big is yours carly?

We are contemplating the "wet area" concept - not having the shower base within our bathroom.

will see.

I don't have the measurements handy... but the attachment gives you an idea.

I'm thinking of replacing the bath with the double shower, then I'm not sure.

Attachments

• ensuite.jpg
    ensuite.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 104
We put a double shower into our new home when we renovated earlier this year. 2 shower heads (one each end) with a door in the middle. The shower is about 3m x 1m in size. We have big square shower heads, and often use it together.

I love it.

We had a small bathroom in a house and there was a 9000 x 900 shower, with a silly 900 deep x 400 wide "gap" :confused:

BUT - we changed this to a single long space with a shower at both ends, a concealed sliding door and the buyers were saying WOW look at the huge shower !!!

It is probably tacky because I love them and I am not generally classy person :D

My parents have one, so I like to think it is the sort of thing that NEVER gets used! Ewwwww. Hahaha (kidding).

But seriously. It adds a real wow factor to their bathroom (now that everyone has a 6m widescreen TV, you need to find other ways to impress the neighbours!), and it definitely offers practical advantages. But does it justify the cost?

Back