Download entire threads for offline reading

Is there a way to download an entire thread (with multiple pages) for offline reading? Options I can think of:
  • Export an entire thread into an excel file (CSV) or PDF
  • Single page format - this can be saved for offiline reading by the user
  • Under thread tools, the printable version shows the entire thread in one page
  • Email entire thread in text / PDF format

I often find interesting threads that i would like to read but makes it difficult to browse through 15 pages by clicking each page number.

It would be ideal if I could browse through the forum at lunchtime and download or save entire threads that interests me and read at leisure when I have some spare time.

Thank you for your time.

Yep... In thread tools... Click "show printable version" you can then "print" to pdf.

I have acrobat that does this, but there are lots of free pdf printers out there.

Ooops just read your OP again :(. You already know the thread tools thing.

Now i am confused as to what you are wanting?

Also expand posts per page in "Options"

Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40 posts per page

Yep... In thread tools... Click "show printable version" you can then "print" to pdf.

I have acrobat that does this, but there are lots of free pdf printers out there.

Printable version only shows one page. I was hoping that we could have something that converts the entire thread (with multiple pages) into one printable page, perhaps.

I've increased the maximum posts-per-page option to 80 posts now - don't think that will have too much impact on the server.

Just a note though - I don't believe there is currently a print-friendly view in the software we will be migrating to in v4 ... I will instead be focusing on providing a mobile-friendly version of the site so you can easily browse threads on a phone or tablet rather than needing to print them.

I've increased the maximum posts-per-page option to 80 posts now - don't think that will have too much impact on the server.

Just a note though - I don't believe there is currently a print-friendly view in the software we will be migrating to in v4 ... I will instead be focusing on providing a mobile-friendly version of the site so you can easily browse threads on a phone or tablet rather than needing to print them.

Thanks Sim, just changed it to 80 for those long threads :D

Thanks Sim.

Back