DSR and business to help

W

WebBoard

Dear prop investors, l have a few properties and a business this of course is a great way to continue your borrowing power when getting a few properties, my question does the 75/25 or 70/30 whatever rule apply and is it that easy to work out. Jan's last book states it clear for property investing and rental income, does business just go on our income split and is there any info on tax around this stuff.

Hope l have been clear,

gleny

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Gleny

My head is spinning :eek:)

I suspect I can answer the question if I understood it - DSR, tax, business, property rental ?

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1

Sorry, l know what l am talking about, and l think others would / should. I sent you a email separately with my phone number which may help....

Just really wondering is business income tested the same for DSR ie: go with your gross income, l know some banks want your tax return done others don't?

I seem to have another question in this reply?

Gleny

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi Anon

NET of expenses business income is traeted the same as gross PAYE income in lenders calculations. There are some benefits to be had for depreciation etc but generally self employed people are NOT hard done by.

Ta

Rolf

Back