Dual Income Property - Home Insurance

Hi Folks!

Looking at investing in a dual income property, either in the Ipswich area or Sunshine Coast (IP#5). Having just paid body corporate insurance for a duplex pair in Far North Queensland (thats another issue!) I wanted to double check the insurance requirements on a dual income home.

The property would be on one title, 2 leases, one common wall and will not be strata titled at completion. I have called a couple of insurance companies and because it will not be strata'd it does not qualify for Body Corp AND because it has a common wall, it can not be insured under home building insurance!

Does anyone actually own a dual income property and what type of insurance do you have? Appreciate any feedback :)

One of my props is a duplex pair in adelaide on 1 title.
I insured it thru ebm. I think they did it up as 1 building insurance component and 2 landlord insurance components.

Hi Folks!

Looking at investing in a dual income property, either in the Ipswich area or Sunshine Coast (IP#5). Having just paid body corporate insurance for a duplex pair in Far North Queensland (thats another issue!) I wanted to double check the insurance requirements on a dual income home.

The property would be on one title, 2 leases, one common wall and will not be strata titled at completion. I have called a couple of insurance companies and because it will not be strata'd it does not qualify for Body Corp AND because it has a common wall, it can not be insured under home building insurance!

Does anyone actually own a dual income property and what type of insurance do you have? Appreciate any feedback :)

Are you buying the whole building, as in both units?

If that's the case we would do exactly as D.T. stated, insure the building as a whole under RentCoverPlatinum, but there would be two landlord policies included for the tenant-related risks.

We have a house with granny flat on separate electricity meters. Terri Scheer was able to cover us but there were a few who said no.

Back