Dual Living in Brisbane

Within the last 18 months. One property is 400k and returns $910 per week and about $150 less after bills. The other was 320k and returns $750 and $150 less after bills.

Yeah this is very impressive! Is this a share house situation? I purchased my PPOR jan 2012 in Coorparoo for $355k. Currently living there and receiving $480/week in rent. I pay the bills out of that. Not exactly sure how much the bills add up to, but I'm extremely happy with how this property has worked out.

I would love to hear some more details about your properties Tim, how you set them up, where you advertise etc... Apologies to all if this is too far off topic and needs a new thread.

With Regards to the Dual Living Properties in Brisbane this sounds very similar to company I spoke to at the Brisbane Home show, and although they say Brisbane, the properties they were selling were in Burpengary. And the local council allowed the Dual Living on a standard lot. (This is what they told me, and I've not looked into that to verify that at all). I got the impression they had researched well and I felt like they were offering a good product / service which would serve the property investor well that was just after accumulating a small portfolio over a period of time without any cash-flow or maintenance issues. I felt like it was something I could recommend to friends or family.

Regards,
Clint.

Yeah this is very impressive! Is this a share house situation? I purchased my PPOR jan 2012 in Coorparoo for $355k. Currently living there and receiving $480/week in rent. I pay the bills out of that. Not exactly sure how much the bills add up to, but I'm extremely happy with how this property has worked out.

That is a good buy Clint. It is a struggle to get anything around $500k in Coorparoo now, especially, something that is sufficiently raised that it is legal height under the house (assuming yours is).

Back