Dual Occ land size

Hey everyone,
Was wondering what size land an attached dual occ home has to be in Sydney? I know in Blacktown it's 400sqm, and the rest is 450sqm for a granny flat but I've seen comments on here saying it can be less if it's attached to the house?

I really like the plans of the house attached to this comment.

Attachments

• Dual-Income-House-Floor-Plan.png
    Dual-Income-House-Floor-Plan.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 137
You seem to be using the term dual occ and granny flat interchangeably. They are 2 x different things, I hope you're aware.

I know a granny flat is different to a dual occ/dwelling.. I want this house on one title..Not a duplex..What would this home be classified as?

Another member 'Brazen' said that its possible on land smaller than 450m2 if attached. In saying this im not too sure whether you can build a granny flat or build a house and convert part of it to granny flat.

Either way that design looks like its around 200m2 so you would need around 400m2 to allow 50% site coverage

Hey everyone,
Was wondering what size land an attached dual occ home has to be in Sydney? I know in Blacktown it's 400sqm, and the rest is 450sqm for a granny flat but I've seen comments on here saying it can be less if it's attached to the house?

I really like the plans of the house attached to this comment.

You may need to specify what Council, as what is good in Blacktown may not necessarily be good for another area.

See, now none of those are near 'Sydney'.

There is usually something you can download from each Council. Or you could go in & talk to town planning.

They're in Sydney...Western Sydney...

Campbelltowns one isn't very clear on land size just that the attached granny flat has to be no bigger than 60sqm

They're in Sydney...Western Sydney...

Campbelltowns one isn't very clear on land size just that the attached granny flat has to be no bigger than 60sqm

I was referencing your first post, where you said 'Sydney'.

Campbelltown is South Western Sydney.:p

If you are doing a Granny Flat under the SEPP, 60sqm is the largest you can make it, and this does not change from Council to Council.

I was referencing your first post, where you said 'Sydney'.

Campbelltown is South Western Sydney.:p

If you are doing a Granny Flat under the SEPP, 60sqm is the largest you can make it, and this does not change from Council to Council.

Yeah found out it has to be max 60sqm but theres no minimum land size for attached as long as it doesnt exceed 55% of the land

dual occ in blacktown does not allow strata title, but this proposed secondary dwelling ( and I believe it can only be attached to main dwelling) can be larger than 60m2., but private open space and car space comes into play. Stormwater may also come into play that is more stricter requirement than a granny flat build. a GF can be max 60m2

same applies to Penrith council, however the dual occ can be be strata titled.

it is difficult to comment on the plan you uploaded, as this could either be
  1. Main dwelling + attached granny flat (on one title)
  2. a dual occupancy (on 2 title)...if this is case can be called duplex

In other state, it could be called dual living houses.

dual occ in blacktown does not allow strata title, but this proposed secondary dwelling ( and I believe it can only be attached to main dwelling) can be larger than 60m2., but private open space and car space comes into play. Stormwater may also come into play that is more stricter requirement than a granny flat build. a GF can be max 60m2

same applies to Penrith council, however the dual occ can be be strata titled.

it is difficult to comment on the plan you uploaded, as this could either be
  1. Main dwelling + attached granny flat (on one title)
  2. a dual occupancy (on 2 title)...if this is case can be called duplex

In other state, it could be called dual living houses.

Yeah im looking at having a main dwelling + attached granny flat on one title

Back