Dual Occupancy / Sub Division Blacktown Council

Hi all,

I am a first home buyer and willing to buy a house in Blacktown.

Current Situation;
>Like a house in Blacktown
>Size 690 sqm
>Front Width: 15.4 mtrs
>Lot Depth: 45 mtrs
>Regular Rectangle shape lot
>Currently a single storey house standing in the front part

I am tired of calling lot of builders (I got from Google) but no one is clear, did not get confident answers and lot of says they only build on a new vaccant land (this market being in demand :(.

Going to Council seems tough as they talk technical not plain english. I need to be clear whats feasible and whats not.

I am stucked; I need to do feasibility of 2 scenarios:

1) Construct a NEW 3 bedroom house at back in the same lot (keeping the front one there)

Q: Will I get a DA for a NEW 2 storey, 3 Bedroom house on vaccant land in back side of lot?
Q: Will it be a Dual Occupancy now?
Q: Can I sell one later, if I wish to?
Q: Who is the right person to speak to and who can execute the processes? (Solicitor, builder....)

2) Subdivide lot in 2 lots and Construct a NEW 3 bedroom house at back in the 2nd lot (keeping the front one still there in 1st lot)

Q: Will I get a DA for torrens sub division?
Q: Who is the right person to speak to and who can execute the processes? (Solicitor, builder....)

All replies appreciated and thank you in advance.

Please share your views and contacts at earliest.

I didn't think you would be able to sub-divide on 690 sqm2, as is it may only be dual-occupancy at that size?

I would of thought the council would be your best bet, though there's a number of PI's here who invest in that area and maybe able to assist

It depends on the minimum lot size on your land whether you will be able to subdivide.

First port of call might be to give the duty planner at council a call.

You cannot subdivide that size in Blacktown council, unless it is a corner block.

You can do a dual occ but only single story at the back. You also have to meet various other requirements like side access, outdoor space, setbacks etc... Also the fall of the land will be a major factor for storm water drainage.

Also you cannot sell detached dual occs separately. Only attached, strata Tittled duplex sort of setup.

Back