Dual oocupancy good/bad idea?

Hey guys I keep seeing property opportunities advertised with "stca" or people building dual occupancy on their existing property .. which made me think could IP3 be in my own back yard???

My first IP is located in Brookfield Botanica springs Vic, I have a reasonably large side access of 3.5M wide between the existing double garage and fence line which runs down the entire left side of the property. I was wondering if it would be worth using the rear yard to build a unit? With the following measurements, would the space provided be sufficient to do so?
Side access= 90sqm
Rear yard= 140sqm

As the property backs on to a creek and recreational centre and will include access to, pools, tennis courts, parks, bbq areas and gym I thought this would be key in gaining interest of possible tenants. I was thinking $130k-$160k to do and a possible extra 260pw rent and a $20 reduction on the front dwelling. Or would I just be best to keep investing elsewhere?

I wouldn't have a clue about this sort of stuff just brainstorming future possibilities.

Keen for your opinions. Cheers

Hi Jacked, will depend on the zoning/overlays that are applicable to your particular site. Sounds a little tight, but you should be able to get something in there.

Back