Dulux hog bristle ? For exterior ?

Has anyone use the Dulux Hogbristle colour for exterior?

How did it go? Good look ? Good coverage?

And while we are on paint.. I normally use Dulux.. Any other suggestions?

Has anyone use the Dulux Hogbristle colour for exterior?

How did it go? Good look ?
depends on the surroundings other colors trim, I looked at the colorcharts and its a nice neutral fit anywhere color
Good coverage?
is a function of the type of paint, oil/water matt/semi/gloss application method, weather (dries faster & doesnt lay out as well in hot weather) and depends on your status amateur/proffessional
(amateur:how much paint do I need for my wall, proffessional: how much wall can I do with my paint)
using berger trade (thinned 5% with water in 35+ temperatures in Tennant Creek) with good results, in the amateur coverage class hiding imperfections

Paint suggestion

Hiya

I once saw a house with exterior paint colour quite similar to this Hog Bristle that i liked. I knocked on the door and the old man graciously allowed me to scrape a 5 cents size coin off the paint on the back of the house.

Took it to Bunnings and hey presto got the exact typing. (it was not Hog BRistle btw)

Not sure if this would help you on your decision making!:)

I guess, looking at it, if you have any trees nearby its going to look real good, or the blue highlight from the brochure
color chips do not do it like real pics
the only useful thing I could offer was thinning for hot weather
Go Go

looks good to me

lf527.jpg

i recently renovated this home, went with hog bristle for exterior walls with natural white fascia, trims etc and berger dark bamboo for verandah floor

has come out really nicely, especially with the picket fence painted in the same natural white.

i initially was a bit worried there wouldnt be enough of a contrast (as someone pointed out it looks lighter when applied outside) but im quite happy.

will put some photos up this evening, only have befores with me at work.

IMG_0147.jpg

i think due to duluxs great marketing people seem to think its the best paint.
i find it good but not better then the others.

my actual preferance is Solver. its well priced, had a nice base and its a smaller Australian owned company, so i usually go with them :)

as for hog bristle its a nice colour.

what are you painting rendered walls?

I'm painting Chamferboard... and from a few pic that I've seen its looks nice and I think it will last.

Not get dirty looking over time or go out of date to fast..

thanks all ! :)

Back