dumbing down.

hang on - this isn't a thread about degrading those who aren't savvy investors.

this is a thread about having to dumb yourself down to relate to some people - and that lately, i've been doing it more often than not.
.:(
IF this is in your everyday business,then you don't own a business all you have is a job,willair..

no no - nothing to do with the biz - just generally at parties (which we've been to a lot of lately - kiddy birthdays, Christmas etc).

Zapped by blaster , sorry about that , I decided not to go there ! It's a bit like , don't get me started .

Cheers

Last edited:
My sentiments also. I find it rather boring to spend my life pursuing those with interests that align with mine. It could also have you develop a very one dimensional attitude toward life. I enjoy all different people. I find that some boguns have very interesting stories to tell.

Sometimes people become pretty elitest and that is a shame because there is a lot more to this world than those you consider to be of a similar intelect and/or social standing.

If life has taught me anything, it is that we are all unique and everyone has a history that may be interesting, sad, hillarious, exciting, amazing, boring or any other discription you like, but unique and that is worth listening to.

"Lowering" oneself to "their" level from time to time may be both interesting and educational.

Bloody hell, you may even learn what not to do.

For what its worth remember that:

'But for the grace of god, there goes I.':eek

Happy days.

Cheers.

Chrisv

Love this, it has been my experience of discovering/listening to each unique story/journey....of people. And even the :

Bloody hell, you may even learn what not to do.

For what its worth remember that:

'But for the grace of god, there goes I.':eek

Yes mate. Oh yes.

I dig on Kipling's take on things in his famous poem, "If"

"...And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise...

...If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much"

That about sums it up for me.

I dig on Kipling's take on things in his famous poem, "If"

"...And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise...

...If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much"

That about sums it up for me.

That would be a nice gift to have Gary wouldn't it.

Cheers

Yeah, you're either gifted with it or you can learn it. It's certainly worth aspiring to IMO but I also think it's elusive, we're all only human after all.

I voted

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Though I once thought Manuel LABOR was the president of Mexico?

But actually agree with the below :D

Everyone is dumb at something. A person who is totally clueless about real estate could be extremely good at fixing a car or building a 767 engine! What amazes me is how everything thinks they are smarter than the others. With this mindset, you only limit yourself.

People usually talk about things they like or think they're good at. People talk about movies, sports, celebrities, current news events at social outings because it is likely the topic most people can relate to most. (Duh).

Have you ever tried talking to a electronics manufacture owner? I have a friend who produces electronic components (OEM) for companies globally. Company easily worth +$70mill. The way he talks about molds, automated robots, repairing them, QA issues will send anyone not in that field "INSANE". He has to dumb down a lot of terms when he talks to me. We often change topic back to cars, current news events, and other "dumb" topics because we each specialize in different fields and they don't mix.

Back