Duplex in Caboolture South

HI All.
We have decided to sell our duplex in Caboolture and are going to try private sale first before we go with a local agent. We have advertised in the Courier Mail for the next 2 weeks and I thought I might as well stick it on here too.

The block is 900m+ and fully fenced into 2 seperate yards.
2 x 2bedroom units renting at 220 per week each on one title.
1 double carport.
Brick veneer and colourbond roof.
Roof respray done about 3 years ago as well as new kitchens and vinyl in both.
There is a fire-wall in the ceiling so there is the potential to strata title if you want to.
We will start negotiating at $450 000.
If interested please PM me and I will give you my phone number.
thanks Joan.

Hi Evan
way town has dropped a bit from 240-250 down to about 220-235k.
3/4 acre stuff around 450k and up
3 br brick (not way town) around high 200-low 300k
4br 2 bth nicer areas around 350+
rents still around 5% waytown a bit better 240-260 pw for most.
that is a sweeping generalisation of course;)
sales, well, slow and steady i guess.

Great quick review.
Thanks very much.

and good luck with your duplex.

Hi Evan
way town has dropped a bit from 240-250 down to about 220-235k.
3/4 acre stuff around 450k and up
3 br brick (not way town) around high 200-low 300k
4br 2 bth nicer areas around 350+
rents still around 5% waytown a bit better 240-260 pw for most.
that is a sweeping generalisation of course;)
sales, well, slow and steady i guess.

Just out of interest, why didn't you strata title them yourself before trying to sell? I have the impression that with duplexes, a good strategy is to hold on a single title, but strata title them to sell to gain exposure to a broader spectrum of buyers, for example, OOs as well as investors.

Hi All thanks for the responses. We haven't strata- titled before as it added to our holding costs. and I have a bit too much on my plate ( elderly parents, operations need I say more?) at the moment to want to deal with doing it now.
It is in probably the worst part of Caboolture, but that is where we have invested for close on 10 years and as long as you have insurance it isn't usually a problem. We rarely have a house vacant for more than a week and regularly get around 5% return on whatever the current valuation is, sometimes better. I have houses in there valued at 230k rented at 245, 250 pw. 1 valued at 210 getting 245, another 260pw.

it is now with a couple of agents on an open listing, when it goes on realestate.com I will put up the link.
built in about 1980.

Back