Duplex investment

In principle I like duplexes, good land content and good yield. I dont know that area at all though.

Key thing, buy when you can afford it, does it fit my strategy.

That would be 200k per semi. I would think that is relatively expensive given that the total land size is less than 700

Yes, it is currently tenanted. Tenants until November in one and the other side is until February next year. Both sides at $290 a week. The area (Frenchville) is the best suburb in North Rockhampton. Rockhampton is located between Gladstone and Mackay, which are both cities which have elevated property prises. Rates are $3900 per year for the whole property.

Off topic sorry, but how I do I develop a strategy? I just want positive cashflow properties with good potential of capital gain...

I thought a strategy would be more complicated and complex then one small sentence.

Sure is but in a nutshell a sentence can sum it up.

You need to talk to a broker (if you havent already?) first to determine if you can afford to purchase property and proceed from there.

I thought a strategy would be more complicated and complex then one small sentence.

It starts with an end goal and reason and then you apply the steps and timeline in between now and the end goal in order to get to that goal. Then just take it a step at a time.

Cheers

a strategy is a complex or simple as you choose to make it. Essentially allowing you to consider and work through your decisions in a logical and reasonable fashion.

You could chose to drill your strategy down in further detail to get into regions/locales - although that may be getting into the realms of "tactical".

Can't comment on advice here but I used to have a couple of these in Frenchville many moons ago- looks very similar to this one! I never had any rental issues in this suburb at all, if that helps in some small way.
Best of luck :)

Back