Duplex Renovation for Rental, Southport, QLD

I'm looking for some advice on renovating for rental in Southport, QLD. I am helping with the renovation for a family member. It had a long term tenant that was a pain, so they have just got him out.

It is a 2 bed, 1 bath, SLUG, air-conditioned with a back yard.

I have some random questions I am hoping someone can help with.

What do you think that something like that would rent for? It is near the Brickworks centre.

It needs some structural work, but after that it will just be cosmetic; paint, new door handles, lighting, tap ware, change lino for tiles etc. Anything else you would recommend that will improve rental return in that area?

In that area are you better to rent furnished or unfurnished? It's unfurnished now, but would be open to furnishing it if it is going to give a good ROI.

It has a shed in the back yard, but it is in bad condition, would you replace the shed?

Any tips on where to get cheap tiles, paint, door handles, tap ware etc.?

Any good PMs in the area? They want to self manage, but might benefit from having an agent find them a tenant.

It will be ready around Christmas time, is this a good or a bad time to find tenants?

Any other advice?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Property management

Try Blink property, they should have all of your answers to minimize outlay and maximize income, (provided that Mr Nathan Birch has trained them well)!

http://blinkproperty.com.au/

DISCLAIMER: I have not used nor can I guarantee that their services will be suitable for your needs.

You seem to fancy Nathan though haven't actually used his service?

I had a MAP session with Daniel Young 12 months back, I've bought 3 properties since then. I was going to use Nathan as my BA but a good friend you may know as 'Knightm' here started his BA business Precium, so I decided to work closely with him.
I use Tim @ Zinger Finance, and will look into using Blink property if my PM gives me reason to change.

I credit Nathan for giving me the motivation to get back into property investing after buying my first property at 21 and nothing in the following 9 years. I have some catching up to do!

He's not for everyone, but we're a similar age and I take what I can from his experiences.

I credit Nathan for giving me the motivation to get back into property investing after buying my first property at 21 and nothing in the following 9 years. I have some catching up to do!

Mindset, mindset, mindset. Continue to develop it by books, dvds, YouTube etc and you will achieve a greater level of success (whatever that level may be) then if you don't.

Well done mate

Leo

Back