Dural etc

I was flicking through some property magazine (the glossy one you get free from the agent) and saw some 2-5 acre blocks out at Dural and surrounds that have nice, new houses on them. Probably go for maybe $1m or so? Something I'd like to do later: not so much living up there but landbanking by buying one of those.
Alex

my goal is to get a 5 acre lot around Dural/Kenthurst. Nothing left under 1m anymore. I guess if you want to live near Jerry Harvey, Tim Webster or Leighton Hewitt you have to pay a premium!

great area filled with good money, get some good purchases in kenthurst, annandale, box hill and the other side of rouse hill like riverstone & schofields which will all fill as people continue to look outwards for value.

Our own Jacque just bought acreage out that way as I understand it as her PPOR...

Nice part of the world.

Cheers,
Michael.

I've always wanted to live out there on a huge property. Still in Sydney but with a country feel.

I think by the time I can afford it though, acreages in Sydney will be a thing of the past!
There's always Camden and further down that way...

I have family with property in Galston (Dural), yeap...very nice, I just hate the drive there...even on weekends I get stuck in traffic?? It always amazes me.

On the topic of acerage, I find Bringelly, Austral etc appealing..yeah yeah it's western Sydney, but I've been seeing some ok deals at the moment for those that can buy out there, plus word on the street is the council is going to start approving subdivision...not sure the accuracy of that.

I'd love to...but the math just doesn't add up at the moment for me...it will one day!

:p

Gorgeous area. We are always looking in that area for a bargain... they are few and far between.

My parents have 5 acres at Pitt Town overlooking the flats and mountains which is just breathtaking. A little far out at - but not for long I am sure!

Gorgeous area. We are always looking in that area for a bargain... they are few and far between.

My parents have 5 acres at Pitt Town overlooking the flats and mountains which is just breathtaking. A little far out at - but not for long I am sure!

Just noticed this thread a couple of mths late :)

Yes my new PPOR is in this beautiful part of the Hills and I love it! Peaceful, serene and a little bit of country living... very relaxing indeed.

$1m can still easily buy you acreage (mostly 5acre lots) usually with an older house on it (two near me for sale at the moment) and plenty of land for the kids, pony or two and a dam etc. The IP yields would certainly kill off the cashflow, however: not a cheap landbanking exercise at all.

Hi neighbour,
We bought our 1 acre block 14 years ago here at Kenthurst, was a bit of a stretch at the time financially but are glad we did it. Far enough away from the rat race and yet only 10 minutes or so away from major shopping centres. Good schools here also, the only down side is probably public transport not as good as it should be.
Cheers,
Geoff

I spoke to a lady once who said she bought 20acres of land at Dural for either $30,000 or $150,000 15years ago. Cant remember exactly. All I can remember was my shocked reaction to how cheap it was.

Maybe tigwelder will give us a clue?

I spoke to a lady once who said she bought 20acres of land at Dural for either $30,000 or $150,000 15years ago. Cant remember exactly. All I can remember was my shocked reaction to how cheap it was.

15 years ago is 1993. I doubt it was $150k at Dural for 20 acres. Maybe out at Glenorie or Maroota way. 5 acres at Kenthurst was already asking $400-$500k mark just under 10 years ago. Maybe back 30 years....

Yeah, if you held some large tracts of land now you might be rich but you would've had to wait 30 years of your life to enjoy having the multi millionaire status and lifestyle. Was it worth the wait while life passes you by...??

You could be right asdf. Maybe if we buy something for $1mill now and in the next 15years it becomes $5mill then we'll look back and say damn that was cheap! It's always expensive at present and bargain in the future.

Hi,
When i bought Kenthurst property ( 1 acre for 200k) 14 years ago i was also looking at land prices, and around Kenthurst and Dural 5 GOOD acres (fully arable) was around 300 - 400K. You would have got to go a lot further out in the sticks to get anything cheaper than that. I remember when i was a kid my parents bought 5 acres nearby at Galston for 20k. but that was 30 years ago! :)
Cheers, Geoff

Back