Dymphna Boholt

I was sent her book through from PR agency the other day. Still in the process of reading it so will let you know what info it has. I'm set for a chat with her next week.

I know someone who joined the mentoring program at $30+K pa :eek:, this is the second year. Not sure how often they meet but the location could be anywhere in Oz and you have to also cough up for the flight and accommodation.

From what I have been told - the mentoring program provides opportunities to network with other investors and getting into joint ventures where one can use other peoples money and also meet up with sophisticated investors.

I also know someone who does something similar (not with Ms Boholt methinks) - meets up with likeminded investors several times a year for networking. Last meetup was on some Whitsundays Island (so they're not cheap) - but, after 5+ years, they are yet to buy anything!

So frustrating to watch. They are hanging out for the big "killer" deal.

LOL Don't exists in property except every blue moon. Are the really wanting to invest or wanting a holiday. Peter

I know! Soooooo frustrating. They do want to invest in property but, being older, are wanting to get unrealistic returns.

In the time they've spent looking for the ideal deal they could've "made" the returns thru time, and simple value add, on basic but solid buys.

Perfect example is my own units - at time of purchase they were returning 6.2% but a mere 18mths later (with a paint and carpet) they were returning near 8%.

I went to the seminar and stayed till lunch. I went there to know more about asset protection.

To be honest, I learnt a lot from TerryW (and Aaron C’s counter arguments) than anywhere else. I didn’t really learn anything new at the seminar. I’m really thankful to TerryW and Aaron C. This is coming from a person who I didn't know the difference between Discretionary Trust and Unit Trust or didn't know the difference between ‘trustee’ and an ‘appointer’ six months ago.

Still, it wasn’t a total waste. Here are few points she raised which I need to pay attention to. Hopefully they are useful to some people.

Regarding the principal property:
Cross securitisation with the principal property is a big NO.
Take insurance for at least the min of the replacement value
Public liability insurance should include uninvited guests as well (eg: thief getting hurt)
Anything taken out of the principal property and used outside should be insured as well (eg: Golf equipment)

Regarding Discretionary Trust:
A person who can be a beneficiary can’t even witness the settlor.
You can bring a child as a co-appointer when they can actually sign.

Regarding Unit Trust:
It can be handy if you want to move them to SMSF later on.

Hi All,

Been listening to DB's recent podcasts. Lately she has had a stream of her "students" coming on stage talking about their story. Some of the stories are really good.

The thing I am struggling with:

The Case Studies they are presenting - the students have bought properties for 400-600k (presumably done something to it) and the deal is cashflow positive by between 42-90k per annum.

I have tried to rack my brain as to how these are working.

Anyone who has been to the seminars - are you able to shed any light?

Hi All,

Been listening to DB's recent podcasts. Lately she has had a stream of her "students" coming on stage talking about their story. Some of the stories are really good.

The thing I am struggling with:

The Case Studies they are presenting - the students have bought properties for 400-600k (presumably done something to it) and the deal is cashflow positive by between 42-90k per annum.

I have tried to rack my brain as to how these are working.

Anyone who has been to the seminars - are you able to shed any light?

Very large deposits?

I also know someone who does something similar (not with Ms Boholt methinks) - meets up with likeminded investors several times a year for networking. Last meetup was on some Whitsundays Island (so they're not cheap) - but, after 5+ years, they are yet to buy anything!

So frustrating to watch. They are hanging out for the big "killer" deal.

I get it, very frustrating.

As I mentioned some of the deals that I have looked at have been extremely high risk IMO.

What I see is like minded people getting together hoping to get rich over night. Recipe for disaster.

Cheers MTR

I hope I can shed some light for the PP, I'm a past Platinum member, paid $25K to join up for what I thought was, more one on one mentoring.... the only one on one I got was a 2hr meeting at the very beginning and that was it! you do have to fly all over the country to meet up for two consecutive weekday meetings which isn't always easy getting time off work. Sadly she had most of her Platinums heavily backed in the mining towns and now, from what I hear 20 to 30 of them have been caught, majority have houses vacant and thats even after lowering the rents. Thankfully I got out about 7 months ago, in fact I think I must've sold mine to one of her students. The Agent up there said she gets a lot of her students buying up, some have been known to buy site unseen..... more than once the though has crossed my mind, she bought up big, promoted it to drive up the $$$ and then jump? gotta wonder huh?

I hope I can shed some light for the PP, I'm a past Platinum member, paid $25K to join up for what I thought was, more one on one mentoring.... the only one on one I got was a 2hr meeting at the very beginning and that was it! you do have to fly all over the country to meet up for two consecutive weekday meetings which isn't always easy getting time off work. Sadly she had most of her Platinums heavily backed in the mining towns and now, from what I hear 20 to 30 of them have been caught, majority have houses vacant and thats even after lowering the rents. Thankfully I got out about 7 months ago, in fact I think I must've sold mine to one of her students. The Agent up there said she gets a lot of her students buying up, some have been known to buy site unseen..... more than once the though has crossed my mind, she bought up big, promoted it to drive up the $$$ and then jump? gotta wonder huh?
25K..................would have made a good deposit instead. :(

and a very nice one at that! :eek:

Well I don't feel so bad, she has some 'students' that have been with her for 2-3 years and some a few more than that, and they still haven't done a thing. I'm not bitter, just thought I was going to see more bang for my buck. After sitting through a number of her seminars, I think its safe to say her bread and butter is definitely in the seminars, it would not surprise me at all to learn she doesn't own a single property, not even her PPR!

:D more than likely! I was more 'taking the ****' with that comment. Although I did find albeit some time back, old threads that related to her and a former colleague and a sworn affidavit relating to her claims of going from broke to $$$ in x months, in it she says she doesn't own any properties..... seriously, who really knows, but if you've ever been to her seminars and the droves that are there, almost cult like worshipping.... you'd see it's money for jam! don't know where she'd find the time to property hunt given the number of events she churns out on any given month.

Sadly she had most of her Platinums heavily backed in the mining towns and now, from what I hear 20 to 30 of them have been caught, majority have houses vacant and thats even after lowering the rents. Thankfully I got out about 7 months ago, in fact I think I must've sold mine to one of her students.
Starting to see intensive advertising by fast bucks spruikers up in QLD again for the Gold Coast,with holidays and various other incentives must be the start of the next boom..

interesting that you say that, was up there recently and got talking to a R/E guy who said that there is currently $1bn in defaults with another $1bn about to come on line.... scary scary sh**!

interesting that you say that, was up there recently and got talking to a R/E guy who said that there is currently $1bn in defaults with another $1bn about to come on line.... scary scary sh**!

It's always been a nighmarish scenario just waiting to happen,and if you want to test market anything the Gold Coast market is King from herbal slim tea too high end-riverfront-property..

Hi Parko
interesting, as I mentioned I have a friend who is a Platinum member and has been for some time, investing heavily in a mining town at the moment, with other members of this group throwing money at it. Seems they could make as much as 85% proft... really....

They are building several units, never developed before and this is in a mining town, which by the way has currently fallen back I think as much as 20%.
I only see tears ahead.

MTR

Hi Parko
interesting, as I mentioned I have a friend who is a Platinum member and has been for some time, investing heavily in a mining town at the moment, with other members of this group throwing money at it. Seems they could make as much as 85% proft... really....

They are building several units, never developed before and this is in a mining town, which by the way has currently fallen back I think as much as 20%.
I only see tears ahead.

MTR

I have to ask.... did you offer any advice?

Back