Dymphna Boholt

Hi Parko
Not advice as such but asked some important questions as a way of keeping it real some listed below, but "you can take a horse to water but you can not make it drink"

1. Why are there so many houses on the market for rent
2. What if you have to drop the price?
3. What if you can not sell OTP, what is your exit strategy?
6. Why will investors buy OTP from you when you have no track record.
7. It is cyclone season when you commence building - insurance, hazzards etc. how have you mitigated this?

Not sure what else I can do as they just want to go ahead regardless.

CHeers MTR

Again a reason why to no go to these types.

As i posted before, if anyone is so good as IP investing that they have made $$$$$$$ in it why are they bothering to sell their knowledge instead of sitting on yacht, driving a ferrari in Monaco, Abseling Mont Blanc, etc...

I know a few successful investors here and they are doing the above. Not "teaching" for $$$$.

In the end I think they prey on peoples "fear of getting it wrong" but hoping that someone will get it right when the reality is in all IP investing you make bad calls and learn. Never try, never succeed.

Regards Peter

Again a reason why to no go to these types.

As i posted before, if anyone is so good as IP investing that they have made $$$$$$$ in it why are they bothering to sell their knowledge instead of sitting on yacht, driving a ferrari in Monaco, Abseling Mont Blanc, etc...

I know a few successful investors here and they are doing the above. Not "teaching" for $$$$.

In the end I think they prey on peoples "fear of getting it wrong" but hoping that someone will get it right when the reality is in all IP investing you make bad calls and learn. Never try, never succeed.

Regards Peter

I personally know some people who teach who are also pretty successful developers. From what i understand they do it out of passion as well as to provide regular-ish income in between developments.

I know of at least 4 largish developments and heaps of small ones they have done and people who have invested successfully in them.

There are obviously a lot of sharks out there preying on naive investors but they arent all as bad.

I personally know some people who teach who are also pretty successful developers. From what i understand they do it out of passion as well as to provide regular-ish income in between developments.

I know of at least 4 largish developments and heaps of small ones they have done and people who have invested successfully in them.

There are obviously a lot of sharks out there preying on naive investors but they arent all as bad.

I do agree that there are alot of sharks out there

But at the end of the day it is really up to the investor to work out whether it stacks up, figures don't lie and the educator in this case does not place the deals on the table.

What seems to get in the way is the mentality of getting rich quick, the G word. I feel this mindset will set anyone up for failure regardless of whether they use an educator or go solo.

MTR

If they bought in Moranbah......then they are Sh&t out if luck!

The vacancy rate has ballooned....people who bought ordinary properties for 680k are looking at ordinary returns. The mining companies have put a $1200 cap on rent. Stuff which were renting for 2000-2500 no more.

I hope I can shed some light for the PP, I'm a past Platinum member, paid $25K to join up for what I thought was, more one on one mentoring.... the only one on one I got was a 2hr meeting at the very beginning and that was it! you do have to fly all over the country to meet up for two consecutive weekday meetings which isn't always easy getting time off work. Sadly she had most of her Platinums heavily backed in the mining towns and now, from what I hear 20 to 30 of them have been caught, majority have houses vacant and thats even after lowering the rents. Thankfully I got out about 7 months ago, in fact I think I must've sold mine to one of her students. The Agent up there said she gets a lot of her students buying up, some have been known to buy site unseen..... more than once the though has crossed my mind, she bought up big, promoted it to drive up the $$$ and then jump? gotta wonder huh?

I think that's one of DB's fave places Sash.

Interesting comments on the Platinum group. I had considered applying a few years back but she said not to bother if you couldn't commit to midweek catchups. I think one of her group has a development site around my way that has been sitting on the market for a very long time. I'm glad I didn't buy into her group now as I think it would've been very easy to be swept up into the hype and make what now appears to be some very expensive purchases.

Well a lot of people are going to get burnt! Moranbah and Dysart are one horse towns...i.e. Coal.....it is not like LNG where there is a lot of demand. I believe Helen Kogtev-Collier is also doing this....

I have changed my strategy and an now focusing on new H&L packages in reasonable areas in Perth. The returns are good and you also build some equity.

I am of the opinon quality is important ....investing in less diversified regional towns is a recipe for disaster. Places like Port Hedland are okay...but people jumping into places like Moranbah for 600k+ is insanity.

I think that's one of DB's fave places Sash.

Interesting comments on the Platinum group. I had considered applying a few years back but she said not to bother if you couldn't commit to midweek catchups. I think one of her group has a development site around my way that has been sitting on the market for a very long time. I'm glad I didn't buy into her group now as I think it would've been very easy to be swept up into the hype and make what now appears to be some very expensive purchases.

I hope I can shed some light for the PP, I'm a past Platinum member, paid $25K to join up for what I thought was, more one on one mentoring.... the only one on one I got was a 2hr meeting at the very beginning and that was it! you do have to fly all over the country to meet up for two consecutive weekday meetings which isn't always easy getting time off work. Sadly she had most of her Platinums heavily backed in the mining towns and now, from what I hear 20 to 30 of them have been caught, majority have houses vacant and thats even after lowering the rents. Thankfully I got out about 7 months ago, in fact I think I must've sold mine to one of her students. The Agent up there said she gets a lot of her students buying up, some have been known to buy site unseen..... more than once the though has crossed my mind, she bought up big, promoted it to drive up the $$$ and then jump? gotta wonder huh?

Sorry - still not sure how I can see the deals she is talking about working. My only assumption is she has changed what was a "one family" rental into multiple streams (ie student accom.).

The examples were either in sydney or Bris - and were creating cashflow of b/n 40k-90k from one deal on purch of 500k - with further scope to redevelop.

I'm told she is still heavily plugging the mining towns, although she is saying that Moranbah has had its run... from what I understand, that's exactly where most of her students are caught! I bet they wished they knew that a few months back.... some very disgruntled students amongst the pack.

She has started another massive advertising campaig.... must be to get the new year "investors" while they a re keen...
Full page ads in the Sunday Mail etc....

Chriso24 I am about to head to the one in Qld this week to check it out for myself and see if there is anything I can gain from what she speaks about. We recently got burnt big time by engaging professional help in a business deal which has turned terribly sour and we will definately not be burnt twice. I am certain that I will not be signing up for any additional services in a hurry. Will let you know how it goes!

Oh, I'm guessing:

Flashy video
little bits of market info
little bits of "how" she does it
Success stories
....and then staff ready to take your CC details for the weekend bootcamp

Or something like that.

Planning on attending the free Growth & Cashflow seminar she has going in Sydney next week, although no intention of signing up for any mentoring etc.

For those that have been, is there anything much to gain or is it just one 9 hour sales pitch?

well if I'm able to pass on anything I learnt, it's DON'T BUY IN THE MINING one horse TOWNS, even though a good 80% of her 'students' have, but only because they were told it was too good to pass up....

ever heard of the saying..... "if it's too good to be true...... IT USUALLY IS" ;)

well if I'm able to pass on anything I learnt, it's DON'T BUY IN THE MINING one horse TOWNS, even though a good 80% of her 'students' have, but only because they were told it was too good to pass up....

ever heard of the saying..... "if it's too good to be true...... IT USUALLY IS" ;)

It's not the mining towns fault. Do your own research (even if taking advice) and get in before the boom! Not 4 years after

It's a herd mentality and the ones at the back of the queue get left holding the bag
Mining towns are a great way to get ahead but if you don't understand how mining works then you are flying blind

I would reccomend that anyone who is interested in buying in mining towns should have a sound knowledge of mining economics and it would be preferable that you have experience investing / trading mining stocks on the share market - a lot can be learnt about how mining companies work and how fickle they can be. Many don't even consider a tenth of the risks before parting with half a mill for a house in these areas.

Bad Advice

Dymphna has been promoting mining towns in recent years and the performance in those towns has been a disaster, particularly to those who invested in Moranbah, Bowen, Emerald, Collinsville, even in the current promotion of her seminars she continues with this big fat lie
Also don't believe everything the testimonials say, try to contact the actual people and they will tell a different story

Dymphna has been promoting mining towns in recent years and the performance in those towns has been a disaster, particularly to those who invested in Moranbah, Bowen, Emerald, Collinsville, even in the current promotion of her seminars she continues with this big fat lie
Also don't believe everything the testimonials say, try to contact the actual people and they will tell a different story

So are you saying you personally contacted someone who provided a testimonial???

I just received a massive booklet about the upcoming property boom, from her. Interesting read with charts about property cycles and why the next one is upon us.

And an invite to her " the great real estate boom ahead" super conference.

I went to her last workshop and she wasn't pushing mining towns at all. some of the cash flow figures she was showing were amazing. But no hint about how they were achieved. Eg one photo of an old house on a big block saying thousands of $ cash flow a week. Can't remember exact numbers.

Back