Dymphna Boholt

Dymphna has been promoting mining towns in recent years and the performance in those towns has been a disaster,

No doubt there are many lives ruined as a result of her mining-boom-town advice.

Where is ASIC when they are needed? These low IQ swine need to be working a lot harder to put the spruikers out of business.

What does Jenman have to say about her? Have there been many complaints?

Well a lot of people are going to get burnt! Moranbah and Dysart are one horse towns...i.e. Coal.....it is not like LNG where there is a lot of demand. I believe Helen Kogtev-Collier is also doing this....

I have changed my strategy and an now focusing on new H&L packages in reasonable areas in Perth. The returns are good and you also build some equity.

I am of the opinon quality is important ....investing in less diversified regional towns is a recipe for disaster. Places like Port Hedland are okay...but people jumping into places like Moranbah for 600k+ is insanity.

What was the previous strategy Sash?

I was buying and renovating and keeping or just buying and holding.

The trouble with this is older properties have lots of maintenance on some houses.

Now I prefer H&L in select areas.

For the beginner your first strategy is an excellent way to start in pi, build up equity and cash flow.

For the beginner your first strategy is an excellent way to start in pi, build up equity and cash flow.

For the same reason Sash mentioned......Maintenance its a killer, I will only keep older properties if the cash flow is very high 10%+ yields.

Once you build enough equity another very good strategy which speeds the process is developing. Perhaps buying a 3 unit site, sell 2 units, keep one, which in turn will generate cash flow, my recent project will generate $18,000 pa. Currently looking at purchasing another site, do this a couple of times and it wont take long before you have a great income stream...... goodbye day job:)

Define older :D

Good question, for me its properties that are starting to require major maintenance, updating kitchen etc,

I guess if you purchase an older property which has been renovated it would initially not be an issue. At the end of the day it is an older property.

With my new properties I just don't have any of these issues, which is brilliant and what I want moving forward, especially when you start accumulating many properties who needs the headache and the out of pocket expense.

The only older properties I hold now are properties which I can develop.

Cheers MTR

For the same reason Sash mentioned......Maintenance its a killer, I will only keep older properties if the cash flow is very high 10%+ yields.

Once you build enough equity another very good strategy which speeds the process is developing. Perhaps buying a 3 unit site, sell 2 units, keep one, which in turn will generate cash flow, my recent project will generate $18,000 pa. Currently looking at purchasing another site, do this a couple of times and it wont take long before you have a great income stream...... goodbye day job:)

This is the strategy I'm going to use in investing seems that you could get to we're you want quicker

Yep

Its all about building up an asset base and then doing the fancy stuff such as developing, commercial, blocks of units and flips

Although I am going to do some reno and sells next year:cool:

Well kinda like me...older..grouchier...losing hair....sorry I digress....anything older than 3 years......

Define older :D

Yes...capital is important as you have to built, hold, and eat! I can retire today...but like my day job....
Yep

Its all about building up an asset base and then doing the fancy stuff such as developing, commercial, blocks of units and flips

Although I am going to do some reno and sells next year:cool:

I just received a massive booklet about the upcoming property boom, from her. Interesting read with charts about property cycles and why the next one is upon us.

And an invite to her " the great real estate boom ahead" super conference.

I went to her last workshop and she wasn't pushing mining towns at all. some of the cash flow figures she was showing were amazing. But no hint about how they were achieved. Eg one photo of an old house on a big block saying thousands of $ cash flow a week. Can't remember exact numbers.

Surprise, surprise no talks/recommendations on mining towns, what about buying in USA, that was huge on her agenda and not that long ago.

Got to give it to her, she knows how to work a crowd, now we move on to property boom/cash flow properties that is sure to make her some big $

I suspect that the great cash flow she is referring to has something to do with buying properties where you can build at rear, some sort of development to increase income, perhaps even granny flats/dual income.

Hi Guys,

I just realised her Sydney seminar "the great boom ahead" is tomorrow and apparantly I have tickets. My wallet is staying home, sorry wallet.

Now I can handle the sales pitch if there is some information there for me to walk away with but so far what I am hearing in this thread is that there will be a presentation of these amazing stories without providing the details. That just sounds like a massive sales pitch to me and I am not sure if there is anything there for a tyre kicker like me.

Furthermore, my risk profile is such that I want to slowly build wealth over the next 15 years by investing intelligently i.e. I am not looking for the next amazing opportunity that guarantees I will have 20 properties earning 12% yield and retired in 3 years.

Since I joined, I have visited these forums every day and read all the unread posts, I have been stalking some of the regular posters who appear to be where I want to be. I believe I am sucking as much info out of these forums as possible.

Given the above information about me, is there anything for me in tomorrows seminar?

1st post, come at me!

I attended Dymphna's 1 day seminar today until the lunch time break. I have a very basic understanding of PI and I found it was moderately helpful in the sense it got me to think about future goals, positive cash flow, common mistakes people make, asset protection, linking in with other property investors etc.

Towards the 12-1:30pm timeslot she had one of her students come on stage and give a testimonial and pretty much it was selling from this point onwards about her bootcamp and DVD/books. Dymphna mentioned some macro/micro trends analysis for the session after lunch, decided to leg it.

If anyone wants more in depth details about any of it feel free to let me know!

The best thing I got out of going to her seminar was actually googling her name in the morning and finding this forum :D Looks like there's ton of great info here!

1st post, come at me!

I attended Dymphna's 1 day seminar today until the lunch time break. I have a very basic understanding of PI and I found it was moderately helpful in the sense it got me to think about future goals, positive cash flow, common mistakes people make, asset protection, linking in with other property investors etc.

Towards the 12-1:30pm timeslot she had one of her students come on stage and give a testimonial and pretty much it was selling from this point onwards about her bootcamp and DVD/books. Dymphna mentioned some macro/micro trends analysis for the session after lunch, decided to leg it.

If anyone wants more in depth details about any of it feel free to let me know!

The best thing I got out of going to her seminar was actually googling her name in the morning and finding this forum :D Looks like there's ton of great info here!

Feel free to throw some money my way for advice. :D

I agree with many of the perspectives above. Buy books on the subjects that interest you, read forums like this, speak to experts in their various fields, attend the free seminars. Most importantly learn to trust your "gut instinct" over logic (after crunching the numbers).
In saying all of the above I did pay for a seminar ($1500) in 2000 to spend a weekend with a guy called Paul Counsel. It confirmed what I needed to do and gave me the momentum and motivation to act upon it which I don't regret to this day.
I also have two tickets to Dymphna Boholt in Perth on Sunday the 25th of August if any one is interested email me and I will post them to you.

I agree with many of the perspectives above. Buy books on the subjects that interest you, read forums like this, speak to experts in their various fields, attend the free seminars. Most importantly learn to trust your "gut instinct" over logic (after crunching the numbers).
In saying all of the above I did pay for a seminar ($1500) in 2000 to spend a weekend with a guy called Paul Counsel. It confirmed what I needed to do and gave me the momentum and motivation to act upon it which I don't regret to this day.
I also have two tickets to Dymphna Boholt in Perth on Sunday the 25th of August if any one is interested email me and I will post them to you.

The main thing and most important is to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a properly qualified accountant/consultant, who is not selling anything , and get a good broker, a lot of books are written by people who can teach but cant do, hence the need to write a book.

Back