Dymphna Boholt

I attended one of her seminars today, and although it didnt really offer me anything I didn't already know (or at least know what I need to do in the future)
it did offer someone that had come with me to realise what they need to be done.

The question Im asking is, does her training work?

People were signing up $5k, pretty much on the spot which just seems crazy to me, but if what she says does pay off, its well worth the money spent.

I'm pretty sure about how I want to go about my strategy, but I need a trust worthy team around me (specialized property accountant and lawyer), which she is offering.

I am a bit skeptical but trying to keep an open mind.

I'm happy to send you contact details for a good accountant and lawyer - for the bargain price of $4k. :)

Doesn't make much sense to me - if thats all you are after then you'll find recommendations on this forum for both on this forum for free.

Regards,

Jason

We paid the money to attend (it was 4K back then) and it kicked us into gear to buy a few properties. We had the interest and were ready to buy and her course gave her a few tools to look for property that suited us. We bought 5 properties in 3 months and probably would've bought more if we didn't scare ourselves with buying so much so quickly. In hindsight we probably should've kept buying as each property we've purchased has done well.

Unfortunately we took her advice at the time with asset protection which was overkill to the max and really shouldn't have been the way to buy property. On the positive, we've made profit many times over the cost of the course so it was worth it for us.

On the positive, we've made profit many times over the cost of the course so it was worth it for us.

I would support beachgurl comments, we to paid about $4,000 and I don't have any regrets. Education is a funny thing you can find it in all sorts of places and sometimes it's free other times not.
A.

I went to this seminar too. I must admit it was more frustrating for me as the promises of big $$ from showing stories of successful people was missing the details of how they got there and what type of properties, what locations. I get the feeling that if the detail was shown then results might be a bit less attractive due to remote locations, risk.

Also would anyone know how many people would pay the $4K then either not do anything or not actually make the 4K back

Also would anyone know how many people would pay the $4K then either not do anything or not actually make the 4K back
I'd say it's probably no different to anything else. I'm sure the majority who pay the $4k don't do anything and probably never make back the $4k but is that the fault of the seminar or the presenter?

I suspect her asset protection is overkill as well from what I have heard/read.

I know someone who joined the mentoring program at $30+K pa :eek:, this is the second year. Not sure how often they meet but the location could be anywhere in Oz and you have to also cough up for the flight and accommodation.

From what I have been told - the mentoring program provides opportunities to network with other investors and getting into joint ventures where one can use other peoples money and also meet up with sophisticated investors.

As far as what this person has achieved - I think they have actually gone backwards, strategies that are very high risk from what I have seen. DB takes no risks, but collects the money, not a bad gig.

Cheers MTR

I shudder every time I hear of these $5000 offers and then many times larger mentoring programs. :mad:

The only people this makes richer are the "program" organisers.

People, you learn a lot more actually buying a property and getting experience that way. The best way to learn things is actually doing it.

You will also find many pieces of wisdom on these forums and reading books recommended here.

I started out bumbling my way into property with a NGed one (as we probably all do for starters) and then I started reading books, picking up ints here and then proceeding from there.

But that's the way I like learning, experientially.

I assume DB has made most of her money as an educator rather than an investor.

Of course you can always add value to the business, investors who purchase in US from wholesalers that she recommends ;), that is another story.
I know who she recommends and I also know about the over inflated US properties that this group are selling to foreign investors.

MTR

From what I have been told - the mentoring program provides opportunities to network with other investors and getting into joint ventures where one can use other peoples money and also meet up with sophisticated investors.

Cheers MTR

Or you can use Somersoft Forum and attend the various meeting called MIG , SIG etc see

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81070

I have never understood why the simple logic of:

if these people are brilliant IP investors and can make YOU $$$$$$$$$ why have they not done it themselves and sitting up on some Whitsunday Island, sucking a tequila sunrise, fishing form a private yacht?

WHy? because they have no cashflow.

These seminar training attract to those seriously time poor and/or frankly, lazy. Why risk your future to someone else simply because they advertise and have some sort of reputation.

Learn and do it yourself.

A very good friend of mine had one small unit in Syd in 2000. Half paid off. He asked me advice to invest. I said read API, go to the all the free property exhibition (but keep your wallet closed), surf Somersoft. Learn, research the fundamentals, do it right and do it again.

As of 2012 he has now, a much larger PPOR Home in Sydney half paid off. 2 x IP apartment in Sydney ( one eastern suburbs) 1 x IP Home in Melb, 1 x IP home in QLD SOuth East, 1 x IP Villa in South Eat QLd, 2 IP town houses in QLD South East and he did all this on one income, he is not married.

If he can do that is 12 years with only the above, you can do the same.

Peter

I have never understood why the simple logic of:

if these people are brilliant IP investors and can make YOU $$$$$$$$$ why have they not done it themselves and sitting up on some Whitsunday Island, sucking a tequila sunrise, fishing form a private yacht?

WHy? because they have no cashflow.

These seminar training attract to those seriously time poor and/or frankly, lazy. Why risk your future to someone else simply because they advertise and have some sort of reputation.

Agreed. Have never understood why these "successful" people need to do this. Heck, if I was to do this I'd do it for free, if I was so successful and in a position to do it (but never would, as I'm a hopeless public speaker, think Mr Bean and you have me down pat). It's called "giving back". There is that point where we as interstors (or even human beings for that matter) that we should start to give back (what we have learnt/money we have earned) to others/humanity and expect nothing in return. Knowledge and wealth should not be wasted.

Also, people who cannot make a decision in life will more often than not cough up the $5K or whatever, so someone else can make the decision for them.

I have even heard of people signing up for these things numerous times with different speakers. :eek:

It is a matter of "perceived credibility" and "perceived value".

In people's minds, free information provided at say a Somersoft meetup can not possibly be as "good" or reliable as something they (and many others) are willing to pay $5,000 for.

In their heads:
  • Surely this person is charging $5,000 and they haven't been put out of business so they must be good!
  • I get so many differing opinions on Somersoft - just tell me the one true way to make money quickly. I'll pay for it!
  • I don't have time for this trawling thru the web crap and meeting people I don't know - I just want results.
  • What sort of idiots would give away their investing secrets for free? They must be a pack of liars at Somersoft or they are about to go bust. If it's free, I guess you get what you pay for.
  • None of these people at Somersoft meetups are recognised property investors who have taken out huge ad's in the papers or appeared on TV

etc.

The Y-man

I once ordered her study material valued at 995 but got it for 299, I thought wow thats good price, got it, spent time reviewing it, couldnt find it more useful than SS and its exp members.

Promptly returned it back after 4 days and got the refund back, however i had to pay for the postage :mad:

I have two tickets. Let me know if anyone wants. I got them to learn more about asset protection even though I know I won't go as far as she suggests.

Back