easement beautification! deck or cubby house

Hi all,

Would appreciate some advice with regards to easement access and beautification!

I have a storm water drain access in the backyard to one corner. Used to be an ugly old shed over it (with timber sleepers lining the bottom) which we have removed.

Dimensions: 2m by 3m

Options:

1. build a deck over it with a small "trap" over the drain to allow for access by council

2. wood chip or the like around it, with a cubby house on top
but how do I "secure" the cubby house and how easy would it be to remove the cubby house to allow access

Don't wish to have a shed again.

Which option would cost less and increase value more?

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
gizmopb1

gizmopb1

Mate I would probaly go the deck with a trap door, alot easier for council to access and no hassle trying to move a cubby house.

Cost wise you would be looking at a max $3,000.00 for a nice stained kwila deck as long its not to high off the ground, cubby house sky is the limit with them.

Hope that helps you out a little bit.

depends on how big the easement is
for a 2*3 easment council allways wants 2*3 access
my uncleMick[*] when we all were much younger than we are today, built a 20*12(foot) deck, partt over the easement, with the 12*8foot on wheels, just rolled the whole thing away when council wanted access, rolled it back afterwards
at the time there was all sorts of stuff getting blocked in the pipes, council were in his yard every few weeks

[*]uncleMick stories, after a few drinks, both for the teller, and importantly, for the Mick to get him do do the storyworthy thing

Back