EBM RentCover vs Terry Scheer Landlord and Contents Insurance

Who provides a better all-round cover?

• EBM Brokers

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Terry Scheer

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question Brett: Does EBM offer PPOR policy cover?

Peter 14.7

Hi Peter

Yes we certainly do, our brokers look after that rather than going through the RentCover Division. But even more so than with landlord insurance, it shouldn't be compared with the cheap online policies, not that it isn't competitive with similar quality products, but I can assure you, you will find cheaper. The brokers only want to deal with quality cover though.

I have a question for Brett too - does EBM offer multi-policy discounts?
Yes, for RentCoverUltra we do. If you have 5 or more properties insured (which can be made up of any of the landlord policies) then RentCoverUltra is discounted. What we can't do is discount RentCoverPlatinum or RentCoverShortTerm (but they can be counted in the "5").

Dont think so, at least we didnt get one.:confused:

Unfortunately the system doesn't make it automatic as each policy has it's own "client code" (technical reasons as to why etc.), so you do need to let us know so that it can be applied (providing you have the 5 properties or more).

I just had two policies come up for renewal in Rockhampton and was going to switch to EBM from Terri Scheer until I got the quote. :eek:

Apparently premiums recently went up for properties above the 26th parallel and I was quoted over $2100 for RentCover Platinum (building + landlord).

The building portion alone was over $1900. This compares to well under $1200 from Terri Scheer.

Unfortunately the price differential is a bit excessive to consider switching at the moment.

I just had two policies come up for renewal in Rockhampton and was going to switch to EBM from Terri Scheer until I got the quote. :eek:

Apparently premiums recently went up for properties above the 26th parallel and I was quoted over $2100 for RentCover Platinum (building + landlord).

The building portion alone was over $1900. This compares to well under $1200 from Terri Scheer.

Unfortunately the price differential is a bit excessive to consider switching at the moment.

Yes unfortunately the over 26th parallel increases have kicked in for us, and even though in the main ours are still pretty good (or as good as can be) there are times these differences will occur. It is a little hit and miss. Having doene some otehr comparisons some insurers are over the $10,000 mark in many far north areas, obviously not wanting teh business at all. Not sure whether TS has been hit with these increases yet or not, but for the moment what you're getting is certainly cheap for that area.

I was currently with Allianz but had to up our building sum insured for

Got a quote with EBM and Terri S - Terri S was $250 cheaper so I went with them

I find that hard to believe. I found the opposite! Are you including both TS policies??? LL building and LL preferred? My Allianz policy has gone up since last year but when I did a comparison 12 months ago it was $711 v $985 for same SI (and calculations for what SI was required was similar). Mine has jumped to $819 this renewal ... I suspect the discount I got for setting it up on line does not apply to renewal!

I was currently with Allianz but had to up our building sum insured for

Got a quote with EBM and Terri S - Terri S was $250 cheaper so I went with them

As said by beachside, if you are comparing EBM's RentCoverPlatinum which includes both building insurance and tenant risks, for a comparable quote you need to add two TS policies together, their "residential building insurance" AND their "landlord preferred". Otherwise you are talking about two different types of policies altogether.

I'd be interested to know, as unless it is a property above the 26th parallel (where premiums are all over the place), I am not aware of areas where EBM would be more expensive than TS, at least not significantly.

Happy to check it out if you would like to private message me the property details.

Terri S was $250 cheaper so I went with them

And have you wondered why?I have been with TS,when things went pear shaped,what a nightmare.That one BIG mistake of using them quite literally nearly sent me bankrupt,denying claims,and because they are $250 cheaper,they may have changed,but i will never find out again.

I am just about to claim for unpaid rent with EBM.Will advise how we go as this will be the 1st claim,EBM state 5 day payment,i hope so!!

I am just about to claim for unpaid rent with EBM.Will advise how we go as this will be the 1st claim,EBM state 5 day payment,i hope so!!

The most important thing is to make sure all the information is complete, the biggest hold ups generally come from missing info, and when missing info is requested, delays in getting it.

I find that hard to believe. I found the opposite! Are you including both TS policies??? LL building and LL preferred? My Allianz policy has gone up since last year but when I did a comparison 12 months ago it was $711 v $985 for same SI (and calculations for what SI was required was similar). Mine has jumped to $819 this renewal ... I suspect the discount I got for setting it up on line does not apply to renewal!

As I suspected, the discount for setting a policy up on line does not carry through to renewal. A strategy or oversight?? It could lose them business though.

I have just saved myself good moola by setting up a new policy instead of renewing - 5 minutes work. I got a renewal for $819.37, did a new policy on line for same cover @ $745.95 :D

As said by beachside, if you are comparing EBM's RentCoverPlatinum which includes both building insurance and tenant risks, for a comparable quote you need to add two TS policies together, their "residential building insurance" AND their "landlord preferred". Otherwise you are talking about two different types of policies altogether.

I'd be interested to know, as unless it is a property above the 26th parallel (where premiums are all over the place), I am not aware of areas where EBM would be more expensive than TS, at least not significantly.

My LL insurance is with a mix of TS and TICA (TICA for strata properties). I run my renewals through EBM's calculator each renewal and its been similar but always more expensive... sometimes by $100 sometimes by $350+.

I just did a renewal for a property in western sydney (2747), building insurance with TS was $579 pa, EBM was $1026. TS etc will be renewing with multi policy discounts in place so I suspect thats why as EBM;s would be assuming a single policy.

Brett, is there a way to get a multi policy quote online or is via call centre only?

My LL insurance is with a mix of TS and TICA (TICA for strata properties). I run my renewals through EBM's calculator each renewal and its been similar but always more expensive... sometimes by $100 sometimes by $350+.

I just did a renewal for a property in western sydney (2747), building insurance with TS was $579 pa, EBM was $1026. TS etc will be renewing with multi policy discounts in place so I suspect thats why as EBM;s would be assuming a single policy.

Brett, is there a way to get a multi policy quote online or is via call centre only?
At this stage only via the call centre. In regard to the TS 579 vs EBM 1026, I can only assume the TS policy is not including the landlord insurance policy as well, you couldn't get a building plus landlord in Sydney for 579 as the landlord preferred policy on its own is 382.

Back