Educators

Hi All,

Newbie here:)
I am keen to invest/trade in the Brisbane property market. Whom should I talk to get the best education?

Thanks for your time.

No magic bullet or one stop shop for this one...

* Real Estate agents
* mortgage brokers (especially with a PI background)
* this forum - there are also monthly meetings in most states for members on this fourm
* people who have demonstrated performance and history in doing those activities that you want to do. Whether it is purchase, renovate, develop etc...

Sign up for free newsletters, which often advertise interesting seminars. I like Dymphna Boholt (www.dymphnaboholt.com and realestatesuccess.com.au), Investors Direct (www.investorsdirect.com.au), Steve McKnight (www.propertyinvesting.com) and Michael Yardney (www.propertyupdate.com.au) - they all have different views, which is good to see the different ways in which you can profit from property.

I sometimes even go to "free" seminars, even though I know they are marketing things. I know that I'm strong enough not to be suckered into buying anything that I don't want to, and you often get a lot of useful information even from the free seminar.

If you like the presenter and their philosophies, then you can decide if you want to invest in their paid seminars/courses.

And definitely join a local investors' group - what you learn from other investors and their mistakes and triumphs can be invaluable. If you're a lady - sorry, we're presently women only - I can recommend Wealth Inspiration Circle (www.brisbanewic.com).

No magic bullet or one stop shop for this one...

* Real Estate agents
* mortgage brokers (especially with a PI background)
* this forum - there are also monthly meetings in most states for members on this fourm
* people who have demonstrated performance and history in doing those activities that you want to do. Whether it is purchase, renovate, develop etc...

Sorry to disagree, but I would not go to estate agents to learn about property investment -most know notin about it and don't own an investment property themselves.

And I would be very careful which mortgage broker spoke with - most aren't really investment savvy

There are some good one's on this forum that will help - Rolf Schaefer comes to mind - plus there are others - read their posts and see "how they think"

Hi All,

Newbie here:)
I am keen to invest/trade in the Brisbane property market. Whom should I talk to get the best education?

Thanks for your time.
Buy the local papers,do a search inside the forums for all the posts under Brisbane,the best education is experience,learn by your mistakes after all experience is not what happens to you,experience is what you do with what has happened to you,if anyone wants to hold your hand that always comes with a price,nothing is free in life..willair
..IMHO..

Start with this forum. Read, read & then read some more. Then contact a reputable mortgage broker & find out how much you can borrow. No good looking at $500k properties if you can only afford $250k ones.

Back