Election 2013: 14th Sept - the official thread

I like these threads.

But does anyone actually think the ALP will win?

The resentment for Labour is palpable across the community. You can't stop tsunami that is coming on election day.

Other Political Threads on SS have had posters pro ALP but their usual reason is Abbott is the Devil, or there a bouts. In the end , that is not enough.

Personally, unless Abbott is the Devil, i.e something totally unpalatable like Pedophile ( and I am not for once saying he is!) or protective of Pedophile it is done deal.

I think in the next three months when the number start to show you will see a few ALP resignations for Family reasons, like in QLD.

I don't think the alp is as bad as is sometimes made out. But they also don't deserve another turn in office.

The only thing that will stop a coalition government winning by a landslide is themselves. If they shoot themselves in the foot it will still mean a victory to them.

Still, at least my vote means something in this electorate so i might take this one more seriously.

Yep, same thing here

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...-alliance-dead-says-milne-20130219-2eoqz.html

The cynic in me would say "oh really, funny that now that Labour is doomed"

The realist in me would say "oh really, funny that now that Labour is doomed"

HA!

Greens filled their agenda (i.e. got their Cardon Tax) and like dirty rats are jumping ship before it stinks.

Prediction - Indies to distance themselves in next couple of months.

HA!

Dirty dirty little cheesy rats jumping ship.

I don't think the alp is as bad as is sometimes made out. But they also don't deserve another turn in office.

The only thing that will stop a coalition government winning by a landslide is themselves. If they shoot themselves in the foot it will still mean a victory to them.

Still, at least my vote means something in this electorate so i might take this one more seriously.

How's that Labour-since-Federation seat of Newcastle treating you these days?

I wonder if there has ever been a Motion of No Confidence passed in federal parliament?

Wonder what would happen if one was raised?

Probably do damage to the Libs if it failed to pass. Would just give credence to the Labor rabble.

How's that Labour-since-Federation seat of Newcastle treating you these days?

About the same as the Liberal since the creation of the party seat of Warringah where I used to live.

At least now it is not a labor stronghold, so there is actually competition and things happening. Safe seats, no matter what brand, are generally always ignored.

Julia is dumped by Christine.

The loose left alliance is dead, well at least for the purposes of the campaign.

Not sure how history will judge their formal alliance. Never understood why they needed it. The Greens were never going to vote or align themselves on almost any issue with the Libs, which leaves just one choice. :confused:

Yep, same thing here

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...-alliance-dead-says-milne-20130219-2eoqz.html

The cynic in me would say "oh really, funny that now that Labour is doomed"

The realist in me would say "oh really, funny that now that Labour is doomed"

HA!

Greens filled their agenda (i.e. got their Cardon Tax) and like dirty rats are jumping ship before it stinks.

Prediction - Indies to distance themselves in next couple of months.

HA!

Dirty dirty little cheesy rats jumping ship.

So true, so predictable.

To me, Politics is fascinating because. noting is certain.

In the world of scripted spin and market control, the people can still throw up a few flippers like Pauline Hanson, Maxine Mc Kew, Adam Bandt, Phil Cleary.

So far it will be long and agonising campaign of self flagellation for the ALP. Which is as it is for all failing Gov even Howard in 2007 was long overdue for change, as was Keating in 1996.

The difference this time is we have had two terms of failure, mistakes, total balls ups.

How could the ALP members be inexperienced in actual running a country? What does it say about the talent they promote ( a lot)?
What does it say about our system when we vote for a party even though the local candidate could be a fool?

Lets hope the Libs are ready to hit the ground running.

Real decisions, not politics, real action. We will need a Jeff Kennet style government to turn our country around IMO. Long term outcomes over short term politics.

Peter

The loose left alliance is dead, well at least for the purposes of the campaign.

Not sure how history will judge their formal alliance. Never understood why they needed it. The Greens were never going to vote or align themselves on almost any issue with the Libs, which leaves just one choice. :confused:

They wanted to be in power and get their radical rubbish done.

Back