Election 2013: 14th Sept - the official thread

So true, so predictable.

To me, Politics is fascinating because. noting is certain.

In the world of scripted spin and market control, the people can still throw up a few flippers like Pauline Hanson, Maxine Mc Kew, Adam Bandt, Phil Cleary.

So far it will be long and agonising campaign of self flagellation for the ALP. Which is as it is for all failing Gov even Howard in 2007 was long overdue for change, as was Keating in 1996.

The difference this time is we have had two terms of failure, mistakes, total balls ups.

How could the ALP members be inexperienced in actual running a country? What does it say about the talent they promote ( a lot)?
What does it say about our system when we vote for a party even though the local candidate could be a fool?

Lets hope the Libs are ready to hit the ground running.

Real decisions, not politics, real action. We will need a Jeff Kennet style government to turn our country around IMO. Long term outcomes over short term politics.

Peter

Good question and the answer is mostly because you have deads**ts and nobodies with low or appalling buisness, negotiation, decision-making and strategy skills in public office - ex-butchers, ex-school teachers, etc....I kid you not - look at the current NT state Gov for example.

Then you have the immoral ones - for example, Ros Bates in QLD Government (LNP) committing fraud and bascially acting with bad intent.

I call them scumbags because that's what they are.

To be fair, no political party is immune but what it seems to be so much more prevelant with Labour (Juliar's slush fund, Craig Thompson's prostitues, Ian MacDonald, Eric Roozendaal)..the last 2 being EPIC scumbags.

Back