electric inverter heating

Have decided in split system electric inverter heating for the new house. Can anyone give me input on their system as to whether it heats their living area well, we are having the whole area tiled and am worried it wont heat well. Have you got reverse cycle too?

I go for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK series inverters. Great value, very quiet and efficient.

Whatever brand you use though, MAKE SURE IT IS QUIET. You will regret it later if you don't. Espescially if you sit near it.

I'm unsure of the tile situation, but good AC will heat as well as gas.

modern reverse cycle aircon is one of the most efficient types of electric heating options.

I'd probably help it a bit by putting a rug down to limit the heat drain from the tiles.

Have decided in split system electric inverter heating for the new house. Can anyone give me input on their system as to whether it heats their living area well, we are having the whole area tiled and am worried it wont heat well. Have you got reverse cycle too?

Carrier Air make the best inverter split systems in my opinion, Australian made, no cheap Chinese electronics, whisper quiet, spare parts readily available, excellent warranty periods available. Can't say anymore really.

No need to.

Check the specs of comparable MHI vs Carrier inverters. MHI is more efficient and much quieter. Excellent quality/reliability too. Carrier is in the same league as Kelvinator IMO.

Are you sure they are made here? No mention on their website.

Thank you, had forgotten Carrier. Put one of theirs called Little Buffalo or similar in a very big house and is still going strong 30 years later with only one service. Yes, we definitely thought we would buy some very nice rugs in Dubaii on the way back from France. Looked at some glorious silk traditional style ones the other day, they are absolutely beautiful except for the $5k price tag, then had the brilliant thought - buy in Dubaii!

Back