Electricity connection for 1 week

Hi Everyone,
My property to settle next week, and I will be there to do some work, and get couple of quotes for 3 or 4 days.

What should I do?. The seller will inform the Electricity provider to turn the connection off.

Is there a minimum for the connection. If I contact one of the electricy providers, will it be OK to do connection for that week, and then cancel the connection once I finish?.

Did you have this situation before?, do you know if there are any penalties if I do so?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ram

Did a 1 week connection with QLD property with no issue, the connection wre then closed when tenant came in.

My NSW property was vacant for weeks and I have no idea where the energy bill went....

In our state they will take a reading to close off the other owners account but not turn the power off for quite a few weeks as that takes too much effort.

Been slowing renovating a house over the last 12 months , no one living in it.
Ausgrid finally caught up with me 2 months ago with a card to disconnect.

Contact your energy provider get the bill in your name, don't sign up for a long term contract, cancel when you have it leased. The unauthorized use of the electrical supply is theft from the energy provider - many cut off the supply when the occupants/tenants vacate.

World's biggest drama made simple.

We have done this before, simply arranged for power in our name with no minimum or contract.

If you are intending to rent the property out you will need the power connected so that future tenants can confirm everything working ok.

Then simply advise disconnection from the date of the new lease.
Marg

Back