Electricity for Building & Pest

I've signed a contract on a House with 7 days to get the Building and Pest done. The place has been empty for a few months so the electricity is disconnected. (and not just at the mains)

My question is, should I be connecting the electricity before the building and pest is done? If so what costs are involved and how do I go about it?

Cheers.

I would think you'd want the power on for the building inspection, but not sure how you would go about getting connection to a property in which you do not yet have any interest; ie, not purchased, not letting.

Why do you need power? Half the places they go into in those inspections are dark anyway (roof and subfloor).

Believe me, your building and pest people will come equipped with torches.

Why do you need power? Half the places they go into in those inspections are dark anyway (roof and subfloor).

Believe me, your building and pest people will come equipped with torches.

Most building inspectors will test the power points... as far as I understand, this requires power. ;)

It's all good. I rang the power company and it's quite common. I can connect that house under my existing account. Well worth the $38 IMO to check everything over. If we do settle, than it's an expense we'd be up for anyway.

Most building inspectors will test the power points... as far as I understand, this requires power. ;)
I was thinking of looking for monstrous termite nests, enormous cracks in the walls and hugely subsided structural defects, not that nancy-pantsy modern electramicity stuff. I just assume the house needs a complete rewire ..

One day I gotta start buying houses built in the last 100 years :rolleyes:

Poidda

Definitley get it connected but the fact it is empty ask if during the settlement period ( 30/60 days) if you can get access, which you will need electricity to do any maintenence
Jezza

Back