Electricity & Gas door to door people

Does anyone else get these people coming to your door asking to see your power bill 'just to make sure you're not getting over-charged'!?!?!

Then when I say I don't want to change providers, they give me spiel about how it's not changing company just the billing details & I don't have to do anything as they'll do it all for me.

Do what? If I'm not changing companies, why are they here? What do they want?

Grrrrr:rolleyes:

used to get it all the time with electricity, gas and telephone. Now we live in the middle of nowhere dont get it anymore, its great.

I used to always wonder about the gas ones that came to our door when we didn't have gas in the street:confused:

My parents get them all the time. Internet/phone ones too. Dad actually talks to them and it annoys Mum that he does.

I live in an apartment, and have had them a couple of times (I can tell by looking out the window). I just don't answer the buzzer. :D

Does anyone else get these people coming to your door asking to see your power bill 'just to make sure you're not getting over-charged'!?!?!

Then when I say I don't want to change providers, they give me spiel about how it's not changing company just the billing details & I don't have to do anything as they'll do it all for me.

Do what? If I'm not changing companies, why are they here? What do they want?

Grrrrr:rolleyes:

they don't change the company just the introducer.

in effect they sign the trail (percentage of monthly bill) over to their company

we never answer the door

I used to do that door to door when I was a young lad trying to make a buck.....and i did too. It was in the UK mind when it was all the rage to swap providers. :eek:

Pain in the *** generally but it taught me some good lessons. :)

Back