Electronic tolling

With most toll roads going cashless next year, I think it is about time I got one and have done a little research that may assist others.

NSW E-toll $40 refundable deposit; $40 startup tolls

ROAM $40 refundable deposit or .90c month (non-ref); $50 startup tolls

Qld Etoll No deposit; $25 startup

Qld Etoll seem to be the best with no deposit and other fees, unlike other companies. You can use it on all toll roads in Australia.

There are other companies like e-way or beep-tag but they are not available on all roads.

There was talk a little while ago of introducing a minimum monthly charge to Queensland E-toll, but it was dropped after protests.

The issue is lying dormant for now, but sure to be raised again one day.
Marg

Move to WA we dont have tolls here:D
I must admit when we go visit the o t h e r s i d e of the country tolls are a big pain in the butt.

but - you will find - the toll companies are not link. i got caught thinking i was right having signed up with roam (for my cross sydney dash) only to recieve a bill from another toll company that also operates in sydney ... you have to have two separate accounts.

the sooner they are all connected with one account the better - otherwise you need a different etoll account for every different tollway operator.

stupid blimin' government designed system!

We take our Queensland E-toll transponder with us when we travel interstate, which is fairly frequently.

At bit of double-sided sticky tape on to the windscreen of the hire car and away we go. Have used it in Melbourne (Citylink and Eastlink) and also in Sydney. No problems.

Another advantage is that the individual tolls are listed out on the statement, good for business expenses reimbursement.
Marg

NSW now is to have variable tolls subject to time of day on the Harbour Bridge and Tunnel. $2.50 non peak up to $4 peak.

Expect otherstates to follow.

Peter

Back