Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Last time I inspected the property, there was three other houses on the street which had been burnt out and boarded up. And the locals didn't look to be the friendliest lot.

close to 40% above reserve... ridiculous!

One would think paying so much would negate really any profit made once all costs were included. $520-540 sounds like a much better deal.

close to 40% above reserve... ridiculous!

One would think paying so much would negate really any profit made once all costs were included. $520-540 sounds like a much better deal.

Agreed, I'm struggling to see what value could be achieved from paying 660k.

I'm yet to see anything of quality in a decent suburb thats gone to auction sell for what I think it's worth. Everything has been 10% over. Auctineers definitely earning their crust!

Talking to the agent after (good ole Andrew Giles) he was suprised also. Only other serious bidder looked like a buyers agent - well presented female, holding papers and talking on an earpiece the entire time.

Overheard another group who said there was a fire at this place a bit back which took out most of the original features.

Made no sense to me. $100k premium because it was split in two.

Last time I inspected the property, there was three other houses on the street which had been burnt out and boarded up. And the locals didn't look to be the friendliest lot.

I have noticed 'Boystown', part of Playford Alive renewal have been doing up 2 or 3 houses down this street over the past month so looking a lot better but again not the best street but wouldn't say the worst.

Cheers Mick

It's only worth land value and would only be good if you were ready to build straight away. But even saying that, it's not in a nice area for a new development. i can't see this selling anytime soon.

It sold 2 days after the first open. Anyone from here?

Hey guys.. I'm getting a Split System installed in my doubles are Pennington - which has clientele a little bit better than Eliz. Starting rent at $260/each. For the split system, do you think just stick with the basic 2.5kw or would it be worth upgrading to the 3.5kw. The layout of the properties are not really ideal so most rooms will miss out on the air. But I am thinking if it is more powerful, it might cover the house more? Any opinions? The price difference is $115 extra for each unit. Floor plan below:
http://i2.au.reastatic.net/800x600/...d0fec4581e40705e732928de4bea8dd92/image10.jpg

Anon, We put a 2.5Kw in the lounge room of our semi at the Vale. it does a great job of cooling ( and warming ) the lounge but you do not feel it in the kitchen/dining area.

At the time of installation, the electrician fitted a second circuit for another split to be fitted at a later stage in the kitchen/dining. It does need the second unit.

I would suggest in your situation go for the bigger unit in the hope that some of the cooled air will bounce off the hallway into the kitchen/dining.

Stangman.

I've now owned my Elizabeth East property that I purchased $175k for 2 years.

The fixed period ended so before refixing thought I would try extract a little equity out of it. Top-up application OEV $190k, no valuation required... happy days. Considering extra funds aren't needed but nice little pick up. Will now refix the loan for >1% below the previous rate. Another great pick up :)

Today was an okay day.

A nice result in a slow market Brady. :)

Haha I did the usual customer thing and thought I should of put the OEV higher, but complain if I did it higher might not of accepted.

Any increase I'm happy, more workable dollars in my pocket.

As you said as well slower market, but can't complain about the purchase 927sqm block. Rents now up to $260p/w

Haha I did the usual customer thing and thought I should of put the OEV higher, but complain if I did it higher might not of accepted.

Any increase I'm happy, more workable dollars in my pocket.

As you said as well slower market, but can't complain about the purchase 927sqm block. Rents now up to $260p/w

Heh, the hard balance of being realistic and trying to extract every last dollar.

Exactly, land banking development potential, 8.5% increase and 16%+ of property value received in rents. A total return of 24%+ in two years, you can't complain with that.

Seems as if the Salisbury city council are getting their act together. Have also noticed the para hills/vista ingle farm market heating up a little. At least the bottom end of the market anyway. Who knows, while everyone has there attention on down south, some of the northern pockets may also perform well.

Back