Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Hey guys, can anyone give me an idea of the amount I should insure a pair of maisonettes for? I've tried the online portals & I'm getting a figure of around $450k, which I think is excessive.

Hey guys, can anyone give me an idea of the amount I should insure a pair of maisonettes for? I've tried the online portals & I'm getting a figure of around $450k, which I think is excessive.

If they were to burn down and you had to rebuild, it'd likely cost 150k a side

If they were to burn down and you had to rebuild, it'd likely cost 150k a side

If you sold the land though, you'd probably only need another $50k to break even, so I'd go somewhere in between those two numbers. But obviously everyone is different when it comes to insurance.

Thanks guys. LOL! I'd be better off if they DID burn, well, after the insurance is fixed that is. :D Oh, just in case anyone things that I'm asking for someone to do that, I'm not. I'm not a fan of paperwork & being implicated in something dodgy...BUT....if some scumbag were to break in and do it, it's nice to know you'll be OK.

Damn insurance companies used to help you with these questions. Now, you're left in the dark.....go fill the online calculators to work it out. No wonder everyone's insurance costs are so high. We're all over insuring.

Just going on from my question before - is 1200 for a 200k property standard for council rates in Elizabeth areas?

Anyone else got any idea of rates they want to chime in with?

Actually how much do you think something like this would cost to do it up in a presentable way? Hiring people for all the work. Asking for someone else I know who might be keen.

Floors polish 100sqm (1 side) $2500
Kitchen (including 1 stove) $3000 ?
Paint/Patch $4000 (1 side, plus a few rooms on the other side) ?
Split System $2500 x 2
Blinds $1500 Both sides
Bathrooms (cant really tell) but they needs some work + fittings $1000?
1 window replacement $350

At a guess somewhere between $15k and $22k, but really it could be much worse/better in person.

Split systems make up a fair portion of that. Might be able to find an alternative or cheaper solution.

It would probably be a lot more than this closer to $30k

Once you start renovating it always cost more

Always hidden extras. Blocked pipes, electrical etc

Better off with house. Can get more respectable tenants I'm guessing

Floors polish 100sqm (1 side) $2500
Kitchen (including 1 stove) $3000 ?
Paint/Patch $4000 (1 side, plus a few rooms on the other side) ?
Split System $2500 x 2
Blinds $1500 Both sides
Bathrooms (cant really tell) but they needs some work + fittings $1000?
1 window replacement $350

At a guess somewhere between $15k and $22k, but really it could be much worse/better in person.

Split systems make up a fair portion of that. Might be able to find an alternative or cheaper solution.

Plans are in motion to transform Elizabeth into the business powerhouse of Adelaide's northern suburbs.

Elizabeth‬ is about to undergo a four hundred million dollar transformation to make it Adelaide's second CBD.

News Article Here (Video)

It would probably be a lot more than this closer to $30k

Once you start renovating it always cost more

Always hidden extras. Blocked pipes, electrical etc

Better off with house. Can get more respectable tenants I'm guessing

Lmao , more like 5k a side if ya know where to shop

I was thinking 5-10k/side at max. Joeyv you're not trying to talk it up because you want to go for it do you?

Just curious for those with housing doubles... how much do you have your doubles insured for? Mine are up for renewal so rethinking things.

I was thinking 5-10k/side at max. Joeyv you're not trying to talk it up because you want to go for it do you?

Just curious for those with housing doubles... how much do you have your doubles insured for? Mine are up for renewal so rethinking things.

Insured for 250-300k I think

Plans are in motion to transform Elizabeth into the business powerhouse of Adelaide's northern suburbs.

Elizabeth‬ is about to undergo a four hundred million dollar transformation to make it Adelaide's second CBD.

News Article Here (Video)

I don't really think that's going to happen, but good news stories are always good, regardless of whether they're true.

I'm very eagerly awaiting the response on the four semis that I made an offer on. Should hear back Monday.

I don't really think that's going to happen, but good news stories are always good, regardless of whether they're true.

I'm very eagerly awaiting the response on the four semis that I made an offer on. Should hear back Monday.

Until the state govt forms a 'redevelopment authority' its pie in the sky... still something to review every 12 months or so tho, see if/what comes of it. These things can be talked about for years with no moving forward.

It's definitely positive news and hopefully it gets implemented. Now they just need to find businesses who want to headquarter + have offices in Elizabeth.

This is not news. They have planned this for a long time. Seems like it is for a bit of media exposure for the development tender.

Back