Emma Isaacs - Business Chicks

Some light and glossy reading from an article that I lifted on the New Daily.

Many talk of achieving financial freedom but at what cost? Childcare alone costs her $2k/wk for her 3 kids - you'd think that a full time nanny would cost less.

The article mentions that she has 10 properties & a small share portfolio - so she has some balance as well.

Linky ====> thenewdaily.com.au/money/2014/01/25/http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/2014/01/25/

Last edited:
Perhaps she should get her finances in order if she hasn't got much left each month.

Starting with $2000 per week childcare would be good.

Perhaps she should get her finances in order if she hasn't got much left each month.

Starting with $2000 per week childcare would be good.

Agree she possibly needs to look at her pudget. Although if she is happy with $2k for child care her "not much" might be quite substantial :)

While I do understand that child are is high, I do think $2k is a bit of a stretch. Can anybody back up those figures? I agree a full time nanny would be a much better financial option, I am sure that the nanny could take the kids to playgroup for the social aspect of daycare, but then again maybe there are not a lot of play groups in her upmarket area of Sydney.

Agree she possibly needs to look at her pudget. Although if she is happy with $2k for child care her "not much" might be quite substantial :)

While I do understand that child are is high, I do think $2k is a bit of a stretch. Can anybody back up those figures? I agree a full time nanny would be a much better financial option, I am sure that the nanny could take the kids to playgroup for the social aspect of daycare, but then again maybe there are not a lot of play groups in her upmarket area of Sydney.
Does seem high, usually $80 per child per day around where we live, so $80 x 3 x 5 = $1200/wk, add on a Sydney premium and some other expenses and you can get closer to $2000/wk

The local provider for us cost $115 per day. per child. so that would be $1725 per week for three.
This is pretty standard in perth. so she's not too far off the mark. Plus you might have to find extra nanny for out of hours and public holiday that you then pay Child care centre and the nanny for.

But you get 50% rebate from the Govt. Our day care in Perth is $110 per day, but we pay $55 after rebate.

If you have the house that will support another body in it, an au pair from OS costs around $200 week plus her food and board. That's the way I would go if we had a separate area to give her, and us, some distance.

We pay $100 a day in a above median suburb of Sydney for childcare - I know of some day care centres in the Lower North Shore that charge $110 a day. I'm sure if you tried hard you could find one that charged more.

But you get 50% rebate from the Govt. Our day care in Perth is $110 per day, but we pay $55 after rebate.

I read the article and presumed that the figure quoted is before the rebate. $130 a day, x 5 days x 3 kids is getting towards the $2000 figure. In the media aren't you allowed to ignore details if they get in the way of a good story?

Regards,

Jason

Maybe her income is too high to get a govt rebate.

Anyways us peasants from backwater Brisbane have no idea what happens on the North Shore

Back