Empty Pub in West Wyalong for 180K

Found this link in the local Victorian Trading Post and thought it may be an interesting prospect for any of our NSW friends who are on the rural circuit. The trading post quoted 185K but the online brochure says 240K.

Trading Post Ad..

HISTORIC HOTEL COMMERCIAL Oppor-tunity exists in Main Street, with unbeliev-able potential, www.australianportraits. com/mainstream, $185,000, (07) 54556583, (0411) 711770.

Link

http://www.australianportraits.com/mainstream/royal/default.htm

Disclaimer - I aint got nothing to do with this, just found it interesting and thought I'd post it!

If anybody moves further with this - give us all an update.

wombat

It has also had quite a few unsuccessful attempts on ebay, when the price was considerably less and I know a few forumites have looked into it very well.

It looks very interesting but seemingly it needs mega $’s spent on it and considering what the owners paid for it not that long ago, they are hoping to make a tidy profit. (Nothing wrong with that though) :D

Ruby :)

Comment of Pub

Was recently in Wagga area and found two pubs no license in Junee (25mins north). One sold for $35k and was huge!! The other Council inherited for $1!!!!! Both needed work but as you can read pubs with no license aren't worth much in Wagga area.

Regards Peter147

One of my favourite watering holes recently changed hands. It was a nicely profitable business from all accounts. The initial asking price was $400K (leasehold, Canberra inner), but changed hands I think at around $220K.

It would have been a very good cashflow business at that price. Two friends narrowly missed out on getting it- which may have been just as well, they may have ended up consuming too much of the product :D

Actually, that reminds me.

I had a house in England many moons ago.

The property deed was from 1890 or thereabouts. A comparatively new English house.

One of the provisions on the title was the provision that no alcohol ever be sold from the premises. (The wording was much better than that, probably something about "iniquitous spirits" and the like, but that's the drift).

Back