End of an Era

Thanks guys... Gunna miss Somersoft for sure :(

So sad!!! Now this is a surprise to me, for sure. I learnt of this forum back around in 2007 (or a tad later) via Sim at a meetup event in Chatswood. This forum and the meetups have opened my eyes wide open to see whats possible. Many IPs later, I have learnt so much, its been my favorite place to hang out on the internet. (I only just got my profile and tagline just how I wanted, and only started using the new posts button all the time too rather than going in by topic!!)
Anyway,
Thanks to the Somers, thanks Sim, thanks to all the mods you all do a fantastic job and thanks to all Forumites for sharing your inputs and views. Here's hoping the discussions are as lively on the new forum.
Linda
:)

Sad Sad Day In History....

I feel like ive just lost a family member... a whole family in fact... im gobsmacked...

I haven't posted much for awhile but i still check in from time to time to see whos about!!! I used to love the late night chats in the chatroom...

Ive never met the Somers but i am eternally grateful for their vision and generous support of this forum... which helped me start my journey on the property merry go round...

To Sim, all the other Mods along the way and the old cronnies (you know who u are) simply thank you...

To the last one out dont forget to turn off the lights and dont let the door bang you in the **** on the way out... www.propertychat.com.au these are pretty big shoes to fill u can do it Sim....

R.I.P. SS Forum

cheers
watto

Thank you to Ian, Jan, Sim and everyone who made this forum such a great (cyber)place to be.

An incredible journey since Anita (Goanna) let me know about this site back in the days when I was on the MSN property chat site, to the first Melbourne meetup (in the lobby of the Hilton), and going on to meet all the incredible people both online and "in real life".

See you on the other side... er...site.

The Y-man

Unbelievable that you have run such a great forum for so long without advertising or memberships. Great credit to you and the admins.

Another large forum site I've been on since the mid 2000's have site sponsors and different levels of membership (by way of donation) to help in the financial cost of running it.

The site sponsors are typically those who have a business in the area of forum interest and pay on the basis that they will improve their revenues through referrals and the like as well as gains from the increased business exposure.

As far as this site is concerned that would include people like brokers, PM's, BA's, depreciation report preparers, building inspectors, financial planners, accountants

No doubt this has been explored but just thought I'd mention it.

Regards

Aww, what a sad day :(

How many lives has this forum touched and altered. It sure did mine. Interacted with some first Aholes as well as some really nice people.

Thank you to the forum owners and all the mods.

Cheers,

Thank you so much Jan, Ian, Sim and all the others that have put so much into such an invaluable resource.

Amazing to think that you've positively impacted and empowered so many from the community. Huge congratulations and all the best.

Cheers,
Redom

Big thanks to Ian,Jan & Sim for their massive effort in keeping Somersoft going all these years.

Whilst I have only been on this site for just on 2 years now it has been such a fantastic resource for me to start my investing journey.

Biggest thing for me are the posts and people who have given me either the confidence or a kick up the backside to move forward with my investment journey.

Will I miss the current forum,yep you bet but I believe the new forum will be a evolution not a revolution of SomerSoft.

See you in the new forum
http://www.propertychat.com.au/

Coota

Thank-you Jan and Ian for providing this website for the last 16 years.
It has been a wonderful resource for many thousands of people, and I have met many great people here.
Simon , you have done a great job here and thank you so much for starting the new site!
David

Only been a member for a few months, wonderful resource for property investors and kudos to those who have shared their knowledge through these pages. I am sure PropertyChat will be just as successful :D

Thanks to all for what has been a great site and resource for so many trying to improve their financial future.

This is also an opportunity to rethink the time I spend on here so thanks for that too!

Thank you Jan, Ian and all the wonderful posters and fans of the forum for your invaluable contributions. I wish everyone the best in their future endeavors.

This forum will be duly missed. The amount of help and feedback here has been incredible.

I arrive back from a short holiday to be greeted with this sad news, WOW :(

Thank you so much Jan, Ian, Sim and all the others that have put so much into such an invaluable resource.

^ ^ what he said.......and to all the moderators over the years too.

I've learned heaps from everyone's contributions and even changed careers and became a Buyers Agent during my time on here.

Onwards and upwards I suppose. Thanks again to all.

Thanks for the memories and best of luck with the new forum.

Maybe Dazz will be Dazzarus and rise from the dead. I miss the tough love.

Many thanks to Ian, Jan and Sim for hosting such a great site. I have learned a lot from Somersoft since I joined way back in 2007.

Best of luck with the new forum - I have registered.

And I just want to add, when I joined up in 2008 I got a lot of support and encouragement and reading all the inspiring stories/experiences really made me believe that this was possible for me. If it were 2008 now and you'd have told me that I'd own 3 properties and have x amount in my bank account by 2015 I would've thought no way, that's crazy! :D. I believe! And I know I can and have done it on a below average income. :)

This wonderful forum has become such a large part of my life over the years. I've met some wonderful friends as well as a son-in-law & a beautiful grandson all courtesy of Somersoft. It's helped me grow as an investor & Hubby is ready to retire, none of which would have been possible if it wasn't for the generosity of the Somers.

:eek: ... wow ... gosh ... speechless ...

I will probably not transfer over as we have reached a stage of over investing journey where were are ready to retire, reap the cashflow rewards and happy to hold what we have ... but I'll miss you all.

Thanks for sharing the laughs and tears and the great friends I've made - Wylie - Skater - Simon - even Dazz ...
I'm totally devastated and feel like a part of me is missing. I also contemplated not transferring over, but I did. But....it's not the same. I felt compelled to join, at least at the start, since I've got a meetup planned next month.

I don't know if I'll stay, or if I'll go. Such indecision. Thankyou to all the friends I've met through the years.

I feel like ive just lost a family member... a whole family in fact... im gobsmacked...

Goodbye SS Family....RIP

Is a great loss for everyone, and really could be a resource moving forwards in new hands.

Very disappointing that the forum will not be continuing on some form or another - really got to like this layout and the crowd here.

From us, it has been a pleasure and good luck with moving on.

Back