End of an Era

Thanks for the great resource. I have been entertained and educated during the times I have visited this site.

I wish the Somers the best.

SYD

Wow, its been 8 years and nearly 8 properties later, thanks all for the excellent education see you on the other site !

CHOMP

Thank you Somersoft

I haven't been here as long as some, however I am truly grateful for the fellowship here and the friends I've made both online and virtual and those that have developed into direct friendships. I have learned significantly from this community and hope that what I've shared has also somehow helped others directly or helped others help themselves.

Jan and Ian, thank you for the generosity you've afforded all of us here and to Sim and all the other moderators here for administrating and facilitating the policing that online forums require.

I've just signed up to the new site.

Thank you.

*Shocked* :eek:

Sad News indeed :(

Thanks to Ian & Jan for a wonderful resource, Sim and the many Moderators for keeping the ship on course and all of the great contributors over the years, both old & new. I'm not very good at goodbye's, but thought I'd give the below a try as a goodbye :D

Some were soft and some were hard
Some members lauded and others tarred
Friendships were made and laughter came
Controversial posts, opinionated, racy and tame
I'd turn to Somersoft when my spirit needed a lift
Or as my mind at work began to drift
It would fill the need for my investment news
Inspirational posters confirmed wealth leaves clues
Somersoft was my favourite resource
Even funnier, if a member had been on the sauce
I've learned so much, I much say thanks
And on April 1st I'll miss your pranks
I knew one day you'd have to go
You cannot stop time's ebb and flow
If I'm sad, it's because she was a friend
And as we now approach the end
I know we will have more free time
And because of me, you'll have this rhyme

crying-smiley-face.gif

To all my friends and all my foes here on SS...

I thank you all for a terrific ride.

To all the Moderators; well done on a terrific job.

Good luck and good health to all.

Issues with Registering on propertychat

Please use the contact page on the PropertyChat website to ask questions about that site.

Hi,

When I try to register, it tells me my registration resembles spam like behaviour (maybe because I have an overseas IP address), so I go to your contact page to submit my query, and then I get an error message submitting the contact page, details below.

"PropertyChat - Error
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Tried it two times.

Big Big thankyou for your generosity, wonderful resource, great community.

See you all on PropertyChat

MTR:)

Hi,

When I try to register, it tells me my registration resembles spam like behaviour (maybe because I have an overseas IP address), so I go to your contact page to submit my query, and then I get an error message submitting the contact page, details below.

"PropertyChat - Error
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Tried it two times.

hmm ... email me at [email protected] please and I'll follow up

The first thing I did was checking the date to see/wish it was April 1!

Thank you to all mods for keeping this place decent.

Really sad. It's admirable that they didn't want to commercialize the site.

But on the upside, we'll get new forum tech. May I suggest:

1) that it's scalable for mobile, like this: http://m.neogaf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

2) make sure it has a "new posts" feature like this site, it's the best, saves me from having to scan all the sub forums

Wow such a huge decision but understandable.

thank you for starting and ruining it for so long! Definitely an achievement to create such a resource and community!! Also to the mods for keeping everything in order

Will the new one have a similar look and feel to continue the journey?

Hmmm..... a parting shot? Freudian slip? :D

The Y-man

Thank you Ian, Jan and all those who looked after the SS forums!

Have learned a great deal. Will definitely miss this forum. Hope the new one can be just as good if not better.

All the best.

Thank you Ian and Jan, and the forum members - so grateful for having found this invaluable resource. We wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for this forum.

Been part of our daily routine!

Last edited:
WAAAA! :(:(:(:(

Thanks to all who contributed over the years, I went from new investor to full time investor to owning a real estate agency in the time I was on SS.

Will miss everyone.

XX

I hope this THREAD makes it to one of the highest counts in the next 12 days!!!

Kudos to Ian and Jan Somers for creating probably the first property investing forum and definitely the BEST property investing forum in Australia!!!

Gonna miss this place - given me tremendous inspiration from others and a place I could be myself with other like minded investors (away from the realities of life where everyone I know isn't an investor!)

Back