End of an Era

Thanks very much Ian and Jan. I'm another one who's learnt a lot here as well as got the support to take those big steps. Maybe you'll post with us propertychat?
Thanks heaps Sim for all the hard work here and setting up somewhere for us to go - and other moderators, too - are you coming along for the ride on the new site?
Thanks also to everyone who has contributed a little or a lot on Somersoft. There has been generosity and community here - probably because of our founders. I hope it continues. Some members have said they're thinking of opting out now but I hope they come back after a break.
See you on the other site.

When a great story ends, it is time to close the book.

Thank you for opening the book for so long, and sharing all these wonderful property information!

I will miss the book!

Now it is time to open a new book.

Thanks for the resource guys, it's appreciated.
Sim, it's great you were able to fill the void and jump in with your new site which you've also monetized :p Does the new site also ban registrations from outside Australia like Somersoft? I've tried registering but cannot. I think it's because of my IP which is currently Philippines. Is it possible to disable this until the old users from overseas migrate across.

Although I have only been on the forum since last year and haven't purchased a ip yet I have learnt a lot about investing. Thankyou to all involved in running this forum. I have met a few great people since joining.

Look forward to continuing on the new forum.

Yeah great work fellas.

I don't think the Druitt will be the same without SS....oh wait there's Sim's new site...better sign up while I still got the chance!

Sweeet. No more having to zoom in and resize every time I refresh!

Yes, that was painful - I rarely viewed Somersoft on my mobile because of all the zooming and panning I had to do. So much nicer with the new software!

:eek: ... wow ... gosh ... speechless ...

Thanks so much everyone for being part of my journey over the last decade or so ... and a super thanks for Sim, Ian, Jan and all the moderators and contributors over that time.

I will probably not transfer over as we have reached a stage of over investing journey where were are ready to retire, reap the cashflow rewards and happy to hold what we have ... but I'll miss you all.

Thanks for sharing the laughs and tears and the great friends I've made - Wylie - Skater - Simon - even Dazz ...

... now if only I can get rid of FB ... I'll have my life back :D

Thanks for the resource guys, it's appreciated.
Sim, it's great you were able to fill the void and jump in with your new site which you've also monetized :p Does the new site also ban registrations from outside Australia like Somersoft? I've tried registering but cannot. I think it's because of my IP which is currently Philippines. Is it possible to disable this until the old users from overseas migrate across.

Yes, a couple of users located in the Philippines have been blocked.

I've now relaxed some of the settings a little so it should put such registrations into "moderation" so I can check them before approving.

Please try again and if you still have trouble, use the contact page to request support.

A big thank you to Jan, Ian , Sim and all the old members especially Ruth.

I really appreciated the support I have received over the years

Chris

thanks to those who have carried the can so far. good way to manage it, hopefully the new place works out well, i like the independent nature of this place.

A sincere thanks to Ian, Jan, Simon, the moderators and every single member for providing, sustaining and maintaining what has been one of the most valuable resources in my adult life--I don't say that lightly. The positive impact this forum has had on me cannot be overstated.

The information, education, friends and mentors I've gained through Somersoft have literally changed my life.

As one era ends and another begins, it's a perfect opportunity for me to assume my real name: Steven Ryan.

See you on Property Chat!

Thank you Jan and Ian. And also to SIM. What a great gift you have given to people.

I bought an investment property in 2008.
I thought I was pretty clever until I found this forum (while awaiting settlement). The amount of knowledge here astounded me. From then I was addicted and went on to meet some of the most amazing people, many who have become friends.

This forum and the generous people here inspired me to reach for the stars. Any thought of retiring on the pension soon disappeared (much to my mothers horror). LOL I am now ready to retire as a self funded retiree. :D:D

So thank you for changing my life.

Oh damn, such bitter sweet news. I've learnt so much here and continue to do so everyday. A piece of me feels lost and reborn at the same time.

I've made a few friends and been introduced to some very helpful and friendly people as I move onto the next phase of my journey.

Thanks again Jan and Ian and Sim!

As a Web Developer, I can understand the growing costs and maintenance involved running Somersoft. If there is anything I can do to help with the new site Sim, shoot me a PM.

Thanks to Jan and Ian and everyone out there for such an invaluable resource..
My only wish was that I found this site earlier! See you all on the other side

Thanks to everyone involved with the site. The somers, sim, mods and all the posters. Im not as active on here as most people but have gained so much knowledge from here. See you all on propertychat!

Back