End of an Era

Thank you for giving us this forum.
I think it has served its purpose all this years and it has kept me company while on my investment journey since I first read Jan Somers book back in early 1995.
It gave me the confidence to invest and has done well. Thank you

I am glad it will continue in another form.

I can't thank everyone enough for all of the invaluable advice I have received from this forum. I will certainly be joining up the new forum, I already see a lot of people have already signed up. I'm sad this forum is closing but I'm glad the new forum is powering off!

Thank you Jan and Ian,

I have received so much help and assistance from the forum members that I can categorally say without you guys I would not be in this financial situation now:D

Thank you everyone and hopefully I see you all in the new forum!

Thank you so much Jan and Ian for the forum and Sim for your work on it. Through this forum I have made some wonderful friends in real life as well as a few "forum" friends that have all added greatly to my life.
Why is there no sobbing emoticon??

Wow, amazing news. Thanks Jan and Ian for supporting this site for as long as you have. I joined in 2006 after not being satisfied with the quality and breadth of information and knowledge presented on another property forum, and haven't been anywhere else since. Making it read only and still searchable is fantastic.

It is shocking to know that the SS forum is ending! Feels like a void descending!

I am grateful to Ian and Jan for their contributions to my RE investments - book and forum. Also, the moderators and the forum community has been such a great resource, which has helped me in my investments. It is not an understatement to acknowledge that the discussions and debates have been helpful to jell my understanding of the real world and solve the issues I took to it. So, to all, my sincere thanks and hopefully to meet again in the succeeding forum.

Many thanks to the Somers family for starting this forum. I wouldn't have learned so much and met so many if it wasn't for this amazing resource. See everyone on the new forum!

Hi sim
Would love to know who were some of the original members that were there in I think 1999 when it started. I know Rixter was one, good on him , who else?? Handy Andy.. ..?. Not sure, but I feel it would be nice to also mention these people who supported and contributed to SS, they are Still going strong, wonderful, got to admire this, I do.

Anyone else? Let's go out with a bang. :p

See change..?.
The wife?... Please help me work through this as I started in 2007, want know who spread the word and kept going.. Yay:)

Les was the original member who triggered the idea for the forums I believe.

The Wife was an original member as was Geoff Doidge of Reno Kings fame I think.

I joined the original forum in 2000.

Would have to look through the archives of the original forum to work out who is still around.

Back