End of an Era

There was genuine panic from me there for a Moment.
This place has tought me so much. I'm a lurker more than anything but it has been so educational and motivational for me.
Glad to see property chat is looking like a clean easy change thoe.
Hopefully it will be as great as SS is.
Thanks and all the best.
See you on the flip side..

Last edited:
End of an era indeed

Thanks Jan and Ian and Sim & moderators and all the contributors through the years.

A truly amazing resource and community have been created here. I was browsing in the very early days, a member from some years ago and feel like the forum is retiring near the top of it's game, thanks everyone.

Wow, that is so sad to hear. I love somersoft and only discovered it 3-4 years. Mainly been reading through, I have learnt so much through these threads so thank you so much. It shows that you guys have really made an impact on our lives!

Just noticed I've been here for 10 years as of last month!
Thanks to Ian Jan and Sim for a great forum plus all contributors. Has always been the best property forum going around.

I am so grateful I discovered Somersoft few months ago, thank you all very much for such a valuable contribution, I hope we can continue on property chat forums :)

Thanks to Jan and Ian. Without this resource and the community, starting my property investment journey would have been significantly more daunting.

Sad to see the end of an era but look forward to joining up to PropertyChat, this time I can be there from the beginning.

How do we sign up to the new forum?

Thanks to Jan and Ian and everyone involved in this site. Who knows where I would be now without it :)

Thanks for having this forum all these years. I joined recently and going through people's investment stories and advice has been inspirational. Very sad to see Somersoft go but I look forward to hanging out on Property Chat.

Did my wife email you and ask to to give her husband back??

In all seriousness Joined this forum 1 year ago and have learnt more from it than I could ever have imagined but still have not even scratched the surface.

I really hope this community continues and along with thanking Jan and Ian I also want to thank the stalwarts, TerryW, PeterT, Rixter, D.T, Paul@, Rolf , ska8ter. I could go on! I really really hope you all join the new forum and continue to help teach us, I am so grateful for everything you guys and girls have done.
It is the professionals and experts who have walked the walk and continually give up their time to assist us many amateurs that has made this the best community on the entire internet.

End of an era and I am grateful to Ian and Jan for providing this resource and for Sim and the mods for their tireless work on one of my favourite forums.
So many nuggets of (free) info for those who would look.
The only certainty in life is change.

Many thanks.

PS Sim- let Dazz sign up for the new one. I miss his shenanigans.

Thank you Jan and Ian, and all the mods and others who have kept this forum going over the years. I look forward to the fun times continuing at propertychat :D

and here I was hoping to post my "woke up a billionaire" thread, as a sequel to my "woke up a millionaire" thread and then reading the same joke from Jeff for the third time on this forum...

Oh my, So sad. Thank you for a wonderful forum. I have loved being a part of this community. I have been educated, amused, infuriated by some of the stirrers on occasions. Shared highs, lows. So many emotions. Sad day indeed. Hope that you all transition to what I am sure will be an equally delightful new forum.

Did my wife email you and ask to to give her husband back??

In all seriousness Joined this forum 1 year ago and have learnt more from it than I could ever have imagined but still have not even scratched the surface.

I really hope this community continues and along with thanking Jan and Ian I also want to thank the stalwarts, TerryW, PeterT, Rixter, D.T, Paul@, Rolf , ska8ter. I could go on! I really really hope you all join the new forum and continue to help teach us, I am so grateful for everything you guys and girls have done.
It is the professionals and experts who have walked the walk and continually give up their time to assist us many amateurs that has made this the best community on the entire internet.

Thanks for the mention :)

and here I was hoping to post my "woke up a billionaire" thread, as a sequel to my "woke up a millionaire" thread and then reading the same joke from Jeff for the third time on this forum...

Wonder what Geoff would think of you waking billionaires up?

Thank you!

I found this forum after reading one of Jan's books with a reference to the somersoft web site. I was intrigued by the quality and quantity of the information offered by property investors and those in the industry.

Thank you Ian and Jan for your books and this forum. I owe my journey towards financial independence to you. Without this forum, I would have given up long ago. Jan, as you predicted (if that is the right word) in your books, the days of being able to rely on the pension after a person's working life are numbered; being proactive in planning for an individual's financial future is more relevant than ever!

To the amazing investors I've met, made friends with and who have given me untold advise throughout my investment journey, I say thank you. I hope they won't be embarrassed, I am going to name them. Feel free to let me know if you want me to remove this. Player, Alex Lee, GoAnna, MTR, Gav. I consider you to be my mentors.

Jan and Ian, the legacy you have left past, present and future property investors is a generous and an invaluable resource.

Thanks Sim and the moderators for giving up your time and allowing us all to benefit from this amazing forum.

I have joined the new site (same user name) and am looking forward to chatting with everyone over there!

Kind regards

Jason

I found this forum after reading one of Jan's books with a reference to the somersoft web site. I was intrigued by the quality and quantity of the information offered by property investors and those in the industry.

Thank you Ian and Jan for your books and this forum. I owe my journey towards financial independence to you. Without this forum, I would have given up long ago. Jan, as you predicted (if that is the right word) in your books, the days of being able to rely on the pension after a person's working life are numbered; being proactive in planning for an individual's financial future is more relevant than ever!

To the amazing investors I've met, made friends with and who have given me untold advise throughout my investment journey, I say thank you. I hope they won't be embarrassed, I am going to name them. Feel free to let me know if you want me to remove this. Player, Alex Lee, GoAnna, MTR, Gav. I consider you to be my mentors.

Jan and Ian, the legacy you have left past, present and future property investors is a generous and an invaluable resource.

Thanks Sim and the moderators for giving up your time and allowing us all to benefit from this amazing forum.

I have joined the new site (same user name) and am looking forward to chatting with everyone over there!

Kind regards

Jason

A fitting tribute indeed ...

I don't know if I'll stay, or if I'll go. Such indecision. Thankyou to all the friends I've met through the years.

Goodbye SS Family....RIP

NNOO!! You HAVE to stay. I admit I'm not on here as regularly as I used to be but it's still nice to check in. Even if it's to see what "friends" are doing.

I couldn't stand it if the new forum had someone else with the Skater tag! :eek::eek:

See you in July!

Back